Albert-Eden Local Board has allocated a small amount of funding to support communities to take part in Neighbours Day Aotearoa 2019 by planning an event or activity.
“It’s great to see strangers becoming neighbours and streets turning into neighbourhoods as a result of Neighbours Day activities in our Albert-Eden area,” says local board chair Peter Haynes.
“The storm last April was a sharp wake-up call that we need to work on our preparedness to improve our communities’ resilience in the face of major emergencies. The wisdom of connecting communities is clearer than ever.”
Applicants may apply for funds up to $200 providing the following criteria are met:
- you are a resident of the Albert-Eden Local Board area
- your event takes place between 22 March and 7 April 2019
- ten or more households in your street are invited to participate
- the grant funding is not used towards the purchase of alcohol
- the activity or event is a street-based activity for your neighbours and takes place in the Albert-Eden local board area (one event per street)
- you are able to take photos of the event and provide these to the local board by 17 April 2019, with a brief paragraph on the event’s success.
How to apply:
Download the form here.
Submit the completed application in one of the following three ways:
- email a scanned copy to: Mary.Tolich@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz
- drop off to: Albert-Eden Local Board office, 135 Dominion Road, Mt Eden, Auckland 1024 (between 9am and 5pm)
- post to: Albert-Eden Local Board, Auckland Council, Private Bag 92300, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010.
Important dates and deadlines:
Application deadline: Please complete the form and return to Albert-Eden Local Board before 5pm on Friday 1 February 2019. Late applications cannot be considered.
Your postal application must be sent no later than 25 January to ensure that it is received before the closing date.
If your application is successful, you will be notified in the week ending 22 February 2019.