[교민] John Key 후원의 밤 열어

[교민] John Key 후원의 밤 열어

0 개 1,170 KoreaTimes
지난 16일(수) 오후 6시 오클랜드 시내 Stamford 호텔에서 개최된 '존키 후원의 밤'에 130여 명이 참석하여 성황을 이루었다.

각계 각층의 교민들로 구성된 10명의 '존키 후원의 밤' 준비위원들은 이날 약 120여 명을 초대하여 4시간 동안 다양한 프로그램으로 즐거운 시간을 가졌다.

이번 행사를 준비한 준비위원들은 이번 행사는 뉴질랜드 정치인들이 한인 커뮤니티의 현안에 좀 더 관심을 기울게 하는 목적이라고 말하면서 순수한 개인들이 뜻을 같이하고 존키를 좋아하는 사람들이 모인 밤이라고 설명하였다.

이날 행사에는 존키, 팬지웡을 비롯하여 6명의 국민당 국회위원이 참석하여 국민당의 정책발표와 교민들이 국민당에게 원하는 요구사항에 대해서도 이야기를 나누었다.

특히 이날 존키 후원의 밤 준비위원 대표 홍영표씨는 인사말에서 국민당이 이번 선거에 승리한다면 비지니스 활성화, 세금을 낮추는 정부가 되기를 바라며, 공정하고 합리적인 이민정책을 국민당에 촉구하였다.

존키 국민당 당수는 정책발표에서 경제와 치안에 대한 국민당의 정책 내용을 발표하였지만 이민에 대한 이야기는 별 내용이 없었다. 허나, 오용근변호사(캔톤쳄버 법무법인)의 이민정책에 대한 문제 제기에 대해 그는 현재의 점수 포인트는 너무 높다고 인정하기도 하였다.

다음은 이날 존키가 행사장에서 말한 연설문과 번역문 전문이다.

Notes for John Key
Speech to Korean Supporters’ Night Dinner

Introductory remarks
•I wish to acknowledge my Parliamentary Colleagues and National Members of Parliament Dr Jonathan Coleman and Dr Richard Worth.
•Can I please also thank our hosts David Hong and Mrs Hong and the efforts David, Brian Choi and the organisation committee have put into this evening.
•Let me say a big welcome to our friends from the Korean community who are here tonight, and the many dignitaries amongst you.
•Koreans are a very important part of the Northcote electorate and of Auckland and New Zealand more generally.  
•You will play a major part in the future of New Zealand.
•I welcome the way in which the Korean community contributes to the diversity of New Zealand society.  It’s great to see for example that Korea Day is now a major feature of Auckland’s cultural calendar.  It just gets bigger and better every year.
•That desire to celebrate diversity is central to New Zealand’s proud history and it will most certainly describe our future.
•I think there is a real sense of aspiration flowing through the stories told by Korean who have immigrated to New Zealand.  You share a sense of the possible, of how great we can be as individuals and as a country.  I want to appeal to that sense of aspiration in all Kiwis.  
•Koreans for example have established successful businesses across the city, and your children are excelling at New Zealand schools, in the classroom, in musical activities and on the sports field.
•It was great to see for example, Jae An from Rotorua becoming the youngest person to qualify for the New Zealand Open, where he impressed luminaries like Tiger Woods as well as many men and women three times his 13 years of age!

New Zealand’s relationship with Korea
•New Zealand also shares a very strong relationship with the Republic of Korea.  Indeed, it is one of our most important regional partners and our relationship underpins our shared interests in a peaceful and prosperous Asia-Pacific.
•Our relationship has its roots in New Zealand’s participation in the Korean War and was strengthened subsequently through Colombo plan initiatives.  An estimated 300 Koreans studied or trained in New Zealand under this plan and our country was also involved in the development of model beef and dairy farms and in the provision of technical exchanges and university scholarships.
•The Republic of Korea is now our seventh largest trading partner with two way trade worth $2.7 billion; our second-largest source of foreign students – with more than 17,000 Korean students coming here in 2007; and is also an important source of migration – there are now more than 30,000 Koreans living in New Zealand.  Not to mention the approximately 200 Kiwis living in South Korea!
•National sees Korea as an important potential partner in fields such as science and technology, investment and film.  We value our increased cultural interactions and sister city relations and the growing number of links between educational institutions in our two countries.

National’s vision for New Zealand
•This year, as you well know, National will be seeking your vote in the general election.
•I believe that the values of the National Party are in line with those of the Korean people – reward for hard work, individual choice and a strong belief in free enterprise.  
•We think New Zealanders are looking for a government that puts their needs first and that can give them real hope for the future of this country.
•By and large, New Zealand is a great place to live, work and raise a family.  But right now, everyday Kiwis are hurting.  Evidence of economic mismanagement is everywhere – and I’m sure you and your families and businesses are feeling it:
o Interest rates have doubled – they’re now the second-highest in the developed world.
o 43,000 Kiwis are leaving for Australia each year – a 20 year high.
o After tax wages have fallen further and further behind those in Australia.
o Public hospitals are underperforming – as I’m sure you’ve experienced here on the North Shore.
o Up to one in five young Kiwis are leaving school without adequate literacy and numeracy skills and
o Violent crime has reached frighteningly high levels.
•The past nine years have been a story of lost opportunities.  Labour has failed to turn the years of good economic weather into increased financial security for our families.
•Instead in the past few years the average Kiwi family has gone from having a little cash to spare at the end of each fortnight, to being further in debt each fortnight.  
•Labour should have used the good times to lock in real improvements to our economy, to cut tax, to improve productivity, to build more effective public services.  If it had done that, Kiwis wouldn’t be feeling the pinch so badly now.
•You deserve a government that is thinking about how to make the most out of tomorrow, not how to cover up the mistakes of yesterday.  And you are looking fro fresh leadership, with fresh ideas, that is focused on the problems you increasingly confront in your everyday lives.

New Zealand’s future
•I actually think New Zealand has a really great future ahead of it. Opportunities abound. The things we produce are in great demand – be it food produced efficiently and in a clean-green way, or be it a place to have an exciting holiday experience, or be it providing a secure location for starting and growing a business.
•The massive growth of China and India and indeed Korea means demand for these things will continue to soar. With that increased demand will come improved economic prospects for New Zealand. And, ultimately, better prospects for our society, our communities, and our families.
•The task of the next government, however it is made up, is to grasp those opportunities while squarely facing our immediate challenges.
•I'm very optimistic about New Zealand's ability to do that. But we need a government which can clearly see the issues and which has the energy to come up with fresh approaches to them. Obviously, I think National can provide that leadership.

Our economic plan
•National understands that if New Zealand is to meet the challenges of an increasingly competitive world then we must make a step change.  
•We have a five point economic plan focussed on the long-term needs of New Zealand.  National will:

1. Deliver an ongoing programme of personal tax cuts.
2. Take a disciplined approach to government spending, so that interest rates track down not up.
3. Stop the massive rise in head office bureaucracy that Labour has encouraged, and we will deal with the regulatory and compliance issues that smother Kiwi businesses and families.

We will reform the Resource Management Act to achieve a better balance between protecting the environment and enhancing our economic opportunities.
We will cut red-tape for small businesses in order that they can grow, innovate and contribute to our economy and society.
4. Have an unwavering focus on improving education standards.
We will introduce National Standards in literacy and numeracy.  We will require schools to test students against these standards and we will ensure the results are passed on to parents.
5. Invest in the infrastructure this country so desperately needs to grow.
National will move to fix infrastructure deficits, particularly in transport.  We will use public-private partnerships to speed up the development of new roads and public transport networks.
We will also invest in ultra-fast broadband services.    We think the Internet has the power to draw our trading partners closer and to put Kiwis at the forefront of innovation.  It’s amazing to see, for example, how well connected large Korean cities have become.  
Our fibre-to-the-home plan will see us invest up to $1.5 billion to accelerate the roll-out of fibre to the homes of 75% of New Zealanders.  In the first six years, priority will be given to business premises, schools, health facilities and the first tranche of homes.  
Independent experts estimate that the benefits of a plan like our will total between $2.7 billion and $4.4 billion a year to New Zealand.

Crime
•I'd like to turn now to a concern that I'm sure is top-of-mind for many of you. It's an issue that very much reflects the health of our society. I'm talking about the issue of escalating violent crime.
•I'm sure you join me in a feeling of dismay about some of the events of recent weeks, in particular the point-blank, completely unprovoked shooting of shop-owner Navtej Singh.
•Here was a man who had come to New Zealand to make a better life for his family. Who worked hard and played by the rules. His family's dreams were cut short on Saturday the 7th of June. The family of Navtej Singh was robbed of its hopes by a group of young men who were definitely not playing by the rules. The callousness of their alleged crime is almost impossible to understand.
•Sadly, this was not a one-off event: Violent crime in South Auckland has increased by 64% since Labour came to office, while violent crime nationwide had increased by 44%.
•This is a problem that demands solutions.
•National has made policy announcements in a number of law and order areas.
•These have included an expanded range of powers for the police, enhanced rights and services for victims, a crack down on gangs, new policies for targeting young offenders (including Fresh Start programmes using army facilities), tougher bail laws, and reduced use of parole.
•In the coming months we will announce further policies. These will include new sentencing policies for the worst offenders. And, importantly, they will include new policies for rehabilitating offenders and improving the management of our courts and prisons.

Immigration and cultural diversity
•Finally today I’d like to talk about the approach National will take to immigration issues.  As I said at the beginning of my speech, National values the diversity immigrants bring to New Zealand.  We celebrate the cultural, ethnic and religious differences we all bring to New Zealand and we strive for an inclusive society.  
•As with all aspects of life in New Zealand, there is more progress to be made.  I think, for example, we can as a country do more to welcome and include new Korean immigrants and National will support immigration policies that achieve that.  
•While Government has responsibility for immigration issues at a national level, the experiences of new migrants are, as you will appreciate, ultimately determined by the treatment they receive in their individual workplaces and communities.  
•Good employers get the best out of their migrant employees by helping them manage the rapid changes that are happening in their lives.
•They should be supported in doing this by friendly communities and individuals who welcome new people into their lives.
•Every one of us, in our day to day interaction, can do small things to enhance the ability of new people to do well in our neighbourhoods and workplaces.  
•When we do that we open the door to new opportunities, new friendships and ultimately enhanced economic productivity.
•I think we’re seeing that happening here in Auckland.  All Aucklanders are benefiting from the contribution of immigrants.
•This is great to see and National will do all that we can to support the entrepreneurialism and effort of immigrants and their communities.

Concluding remarks
•In conclusion, let me say again how optimistic I am for the future of New Zealand.
•At this election, the National Party has the chance to harness the growing mood for change and march New Zealand towards a better tomorrow.
•We know this isn’t as good as it gets.  We know you, and all Kiwis, deserve better than you’re getting.  We are focussed on the issues that matter and we have the ideas and the ability to bring this country forward.
•National is ambitious for New Zealand and we want New Zealanders to be ambitious for themselves.
•So thank you again for this opportunity to celebrate the links between New Zealand and Korea and between the Korean Community and the National Party.  We’re all proud to call New Zealand home and I hope you’ll join me in working to make this country as great as it can be.
•Thank you.

인사말씀
● 이 자리에 저의 동료의원인 국민당 소속의 죠나단 콜맨의원과 리차드워스의원등 여러분이 함께 해 주셨습니다.
● 저는 또한 저희를 초청해 주신 홍영표님 내외분, 그리고 오늘 저녁 파티를 위해 수고해 주신 홍영표님, 최희달님 그리고 준비위원 모든 분들께도 깊은 감사를 드립니다.
● 저는 한인 커뮤니티의 친구들 그리고 저명 인사들이신 여러분들을 따뜻하게 환영하는 바입니다.
● 한국인 여러분들은 노스코트, 오클랜드, 나아가서 NZ전체에서 매우 중요한 위치에 있습니다.
● 여러분들은 또한 NZ의 장래에 크게 기여하실 분입니다.
● 한국인 커뮤니티가 NZ 사회의 다양화에 중요한 몫을 담당하고 있습니다. “한인의 날”은 이제 오클랜드의 중요한 문화행사 중 하나가 되었습니다. 해를 거듭할수록 규모도 커지고 내실이 있습니다.
● 우리가 다양성을 중시하는 것은 자랑스런 NZ역사의 중심이 되어 왔고 또 앞으로도 그렇게 될 것입니다.
● NZ의 한인 이민자 여러분들은 우리들 “열망의 한 징표”라고 저는 믿습니다. 우리는 여러분과 함께 “가능성을 늘 공유”하고 위대한 개인과 국가의 표상을 봅니다. 저는 또한 여러분에게 모든 키위들의 열정의 뜻을 전하고자 합니다.
● 한국분들은 시내 전역에서 성공적인 사업을 수행하시고 있고, 또 여러분 한국분의 자녀들은 학업과, 음악과, 스포츠에서 두각을 나타내고 있습니다.
● 예를 들어 로토루아의 재안이가 NZ오픈의 최연소 선수가 되고, 13살 소년 선수가 타이거 우즈를 위시한 남녀 선수들에게서 호평을 듣게 된 것은 참으로 흡족한 일입니다.

한국과 NZ과의 관계
● 한국과 NZ은 밀접한 관계를 유지해 오고 있습니다. 한국은 아태지역의 가장 중요한 파트너 중 한 나라이고 양국의 유대가 이 지역 평화와 번영의 초석이 됩니다.
● 양국관계는 NZ의 한국전 참전으로 시작되어 콜롬보 플랜으로 더욱 굳건하게 되었습니다. 한국인 300여명이 콜롬보 플랜으로 NZ에서 교육 받았고, 또 우리는 축산농가를 위한 기술지원, 장학금 지원도 공여했습니다.
● 대한민국은 이제 우리의 7번째 큰 교역상대국이고, 상호 교역량은 년27억불이 됩니다. 이 나라에 두 번째로 많은 해외 유학생이 한국으로부터 오는데 2007년에는 17,000명이 넘었습니다. 또한 이민자도 많이 오고 있어서 NZ전체에 한국인이 3만이 넘으리라 생각됩니다. 약 200명가량의 키위가 한국에 살고 있음은 말하지 않아도 잘 아는 사실입니다.
● 우리 국민당은 과학, 기술, 투자, 영화산업에서 한국이 아주 중요한 NZ의 파트너가 되고 있음을 잘 압니다. 문화교류의 증대와, 자매도시 결연, 교육기관 상호간의 교류확대를 우리당은 매우 중요하게 여기고 있습니다.

국민당의 비젼
● 잘 아시는 대로 곧 있게 될 총선에서 저희는 여러분의 지지를 필요로 하고 있습니다.
● 우리 국민당이 추구하는 가치는 여러분의 가치관 - 열심히 일하는 것에 대한 보상, 개인의 선택의 자유, 자유기업에 대한 믿음 - 과 일치합니다.
● NZ사람들은 자신의 필요를 충족시키는 정부, 미래에 희망을 주는 정부를 원한다고 믿습니다.
● NZ은 일반적으로 살기 좋고, 일하기 좋고, 자녀양육에 좋은 나라입니다. 그러나 지금 우리는 많은 어려움을 겪고 있습니다. 각처에서 경제상황이 나쁘고, 또 개인이나 기업이 다 그렇게 느낍니다.
- 이자율이 2배가 되었습니다. 지금 선진국 중에 두 번째로 금리 수준이 높습니다.
- 매년 43,000명 키위가 호주로 떠나는데 20년래의 최대수치입니다.
- 세후소득이 호주에 비해 더 많이 떨어졌습니다.
- 공립병원의 서비스가 열악해 졌습니다. 노스쇼어 병원에서도 보셨을 것입니다.
- 졸업하는 아이 5명중 1명이 읽기와 계산을 잘 못합니다.
- 폭력범죄가 높은 수준으로 증가 되었습니다.
● 지난 9년간 우리는 많은 기회를 잃었습니다. 노동당은 호경기의 때를 우리들 가정경제에 보탬이 되도록 만들지 못했습니다.
● 대신에 지난 수년간 키위들 평균가계가 “주급날 흑자”에서 “주급날 적자”로 바뀌게 되었습니다.
● 노동당은 호경기의 기회를 경제적인 보탬이 되게 하고, 세율을 낮추며, 생산성을 높이고, 공공부문 서비스를 높이는 데에 연결 되게 했어야만 했습니다. 노동당이 만약 그렇게 했다면, 키위들이 지금처럼 어렵지 않았을 것입니다.
● 여러분은 내일을 위한 최선의 정부, 어제의 실패를 호도하지 않는 정부를 선택할 수 있습니다. 또한 여러분은 새로운 리더쉽, 매일의 생활에서 직면하는 문제를 해결할 새로운 아이디어를 찾아가실 수 있습니다.

NZ의 장래
● 저는 NZ의 장래는 무한히 밝다고 확신합니다. 기회는 아주 많습니다. 우리의 생산물은 수요가 많습니다. 식품도 청정하게 잘 생산할 수 있고, 멋진 휴가를 가질 아름다운 관광지가 있고, 사업체를 창업하고 경영할 기반도 잘 갖추었습니다
● 중국, 인도 그리고 한국의 급성장은 이런 생산물의 수요를 계속해서 증대케 합니다. 수요증대는 NZ 경제전망을 밝게 합니다. 궁긍적으로 우리 사회와 커뮤니티와 가정을 윤택하게 할 것입니다.
● 누구가 되었든 다음 정부는 어려움을 직면하며 좋은 기회를 잘 이용해야할 책무가 있습니다.
● 저는 NZ정부가 이런 일을 잘 해나가리라 믿습니다. 그러나 우리는 또한 문제를 잘 파악하고 해결해 나갈 힘을 갖춘 정부를 찾아야 합니다. 저는 우리 국민당이 바로 그러한 리더쉽을 갖추었다고 확신하는 바입니다.

우리의 경제계획
● 전 세계적인 무한경쟁시대에 대응하여 NZ은 한단계 더 변화해야 한다고 저희는 믿습니다.
● NZ의 장기전망에 따라 아래와 같이 5가지 주요 경제정책을 제시합니다.
1. 국민당은 개인세율을 내려 나가겠습니다.
2. 정부지출을 잘 통제하여 이자율을 잡겠습니다.
3. 노동당이 행해왔던 정부중앙부처의 과다지출을 줄이고 각종 규제를 적절하게 완화하여 키위들의 기업과 가정경제를 원활케 하겠습니다.
-자원관리법 (RMA)을 개정하여 환경보호와 경제개발의 조화를 이루어 나가겠습니다.
-소기업에 대한 정부규제를 줄여서 기업이 성장, 혁신하고 사회에 쉽게 기여하게 돕겠습니다.
4. 교육수준 향상에 지속적으로 포커스를 맞추겠습니다.
-읽기와 셈하기에 “국가표준제”를 도입하겠습니다. 학교가 이 기준에 맞게 테스트를 하고 학부모에게 그 결과를 통지해 드리겠습니다
5. 성장에 필수적인 “사회기반시설”에 투자를 늘리겠습니다.
-도로와 같은 사회기반시설 부족분을 개선해 나가겠습니다. 신규도로 건설과 대중교통망을 조속히 해결키 위해 공공 및 사기업간의 “파트너쉽”을 구축해 나가겠습니다.
-저희는 또한 초고속 브로드밴드 서비스에 투자하겠습니다. 인터넷이 교역 파트너를 가까이 하게 해주고 키위들을 기술혁신으로 이끌어 준다고 믿습니다. 예를 들어, 한국에서 대도시들 사이를 인터넷이 잘 연결해 주는 것은 아주 대단한 일입니다.
-가정에 광케이블을 연결하는데에 15억불이 소요되는데 이렇게 되면 75%의 키위들이 수혜대상입니다. 첫 6년동안은 기업체, 학교, 의료시설, 주요지역의 가정에 우선권이 주어집니다.
-전문가에 따르면 이러한 우리의 광케이블 계획은 NZ에서 년간 27억불 내지 44억불의 경제파급효과가 있습니다.

치안문제
여러분들중 많은 분들이 관심가지실 사항에 대해 알아보겠습니다. 그것은 우리 사회의 건강을 잘 나타내는 이슈입니다. 폭력범죄의 증가에 대해 말씀 드리겠습니다.

그의 가정이 더 나은 삶을 위해 NZ에 온 한 남자가 있었습니다. 그는 열심히 일했고 법을 준수했습니다. 그러던 그 가정의 꿈은 지난 6월7일 토요일에 산산조각이 났습니다. “나브테즈 싱”의 가정은 법을 지키지 않는 몇 젊은애들에 의해 희망을 뺏겼습니다. 범죄를 저지른자들의 냉혹함은 도저히 이해가 되지 않습니다.
유감스럽게도 이런 일이 한번이 아닙니다. 오클랜드 남쪽의 폭력범죄는 노동당 집권기간중에 64%가 늘었는데, 같은 기간중 전국의 폭력증가율은 44%였습니다.
반드시 해결해야 할 문제입니다.

법질서 유지와 치안에 관해 국민당은 수차례 정책을 밝혔습니다.
그기에 포함되는 것으로 경찰력 증가, 피해자 권익보장 조치, 갱 소탕, 청소년 범죄자를 대상으로 하는 정책(입영훈련포함), 보석제도 강화, 가석방 제도감축이 있습니다.
향후 수개월동안 추가로 관련정책을 발표하겠습니다. 그기에는 흉악범에 대한 형량강화도 포함됩니다. 또, 중요한 것으로는 법원과 교도소의 관리개선과 범죄인 교화문제도 있습니다.

이민과 문화적 다양성
마지막으로 이민관련 국민당 정책에 관해 말씀드리겠습니다. 처음에 말씀 드렸듯이 국민당은 이민자들이 NZ에 기여하는 다양성을 귀중하게 여깁니다. 우리는 뉴질랜드가 문화적, 민족적, 종교적 다양성을 갖는 것을 격려하며, 또 통합적인 사회로 나가기 위해 노력합니다.

NZ의 각계각층 영역에서 많은 진보가 있어야 합니다. 예를들어, 한국인 이민자를 환영하고 이 나라가 그들을 잘 받아들이기 위해 더 많이 노력하고, 이를 위한 이민 정책은  국민당이 지지할 것입니다.
정부는 국가 전체의 입장에서 이민정책에 대한 책임이 있습니다. 여러분이 알듯이, 이민자들의 입장은 그들이 속한 직장과 커뮤니티에서 얼마나 잘 받아들여지느냐에 달려 있습니다.

좋은 고용주는 이민 온 직원들이 “급속한 변화”에 빨리 적응하게 도움으로서 좋은 결과를 얻습니다.
이민 온 직원들은 그들을 환영하고 받아들이는 친절한 커뮤니티와 개인들의 지원이 필요합니다.
우리들 각자는 매일의 일상생활에서 그들이 지역과 직장에서 능력을 잘 발휘할 수 있게 작은 일이라도 해줄 수 있습니다.

새로운 이민자를 돕는 것은 우리가 새로운 가능성에 문을 열고, 우정을 가꾸고 궁극적으로 경제적인 생산성을 높이는 것이 되기도 합니다.
저는 이런 일들이 오클랜드에서 이루어지고 있음을 봅니다. 오클랜드시민들 또한 이민자의 활동에서 혜택을 받고 있습니다.
이런 일은 참 대단한 것입니다. 저희 국민당은 최선을 다하여 이민자와 그들의 커뮤니티가 기업가정신을 발휘할 수 있게 지원하겠습니다.

맺음말
결론적으로, NZ의 장래는 무한히 밝다고 저는 말씀드리고자 합니다.
이번 선거를 통해 저희 국민당은 점증하는 변화욕구를 잘 활용하고 NZ가 더 나은 장래로 나아가게 하겠습니다.

위에 말씀 드린것이 충분하진 않지요. 여러분이나 키위들이 더 많은 것을 누리셔야 합니다. 문제가 되는 이슈에 포커스를 맞추고 이 나라를 발전시켜 나갈 능력을 우리는 갖추고 있습니다.

저희 국민당은 NZ을 위한 열정과 열망을 갖고 있습니다. NZers들께서도 자신들을 위한 그런 열망을 품으시기 바랍니다.

NZ와 한국, 한인 커뮤니티와 국민당을 잇는 기회를 마련해 주신 여러분께 큰 감사를 드립니다. 우리 모두는 NZ가 “우리나라”인 것에 긍지를 느낍니다. 이 나라를 “위대한 NZ”로 키워 나가는 일에 여러분과 제가 함께 하시길 바랍니다.
감사합니다.

뉴질랜드코리아타임즈 www.koreatimes.co.nz

Hot

[385] 기도란 무엇인가?

KoreaTimes 0    1,856