Today we are reporting 9,953 community cases, 767 current hospitalisations, and 32 deaths.
The seven-day rolling average of community case numbers today is 9,161.
Today we are sadly reporting the deaths of 32 people with COVID-19. These deaths occurred in the period since 26th March.
- COVID-19 Cases in hospital: total number 767: Northland: 26; Waitematā: 84; Counties Manukau: 58; Auckland: 105; Waikato: 70; Bay of Plenty: 43; Lakes: 21; Hawke’s Bay: 33; MidCentral: 32; Whanganui: 15; Taranaki: 14; Tairāwhiti: 5; Wairarapa: 8; Capital & Coast: 31; Hutt Valley: 19; Nelson Marlborough: 15; Canterbury:130; West Coast: 1; South Canterbury: 11; Southern: 46.
- Weekly COVID-19 Hospitalisations - 7 day rolling average: 766 (This time last week 673)
- Average age of current COVID-19 hospitalisations: 66
- Cases in ICU or HDU: 20
- Vaccination status of new admissions to hospital*: Unvaccinated or not eligible (58 cases); partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (4 cases); double vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (70 cases); received booster at least 7 days before being reported as a case (378 cases).
*These are new hospital admissions in the past 7 days prior to yesterday who had COVID at the time of admission or while in hospital, excluding hospitalisations that were admitted and discharged within 24hrs. This data is from Districts with tertiary hospitals: Auckland, Canterbury, Southern, Counties Manukau, Waikato, Capital & Coast, Waitemata and Northland.
COVID-19 vaccinations administered
- Vaccines administered to date: 4,028,995 first doses; 3,981,726 second doses; 33,824 third primary doses; 2,698,360 first booster doses: 217,916 second booster doses: 265,426 paediatric first doses and 141,930 paediatric second doses
- Vaccines administered yesterday: 32 first doses; 42 second doses; 37 third primary doses; 1,028 first booster doses; 13,121 second booster doses; 81 paediatric first doses and 487 paediatric second doses.
More detailed information, including vaccine uptake by District, is available on the Ministry website.
- Number of PCR tests total (last 24 hours): 4,306
- Number of Rapid Antigen Tests reported total (last 24 hours): 17,515
- PCR tests rolling average (last 7 days): 3,363
- Number of Rapid Antigen Tests dispatched (last seven days as of 20 July 2022): 4.5m
- Total number of new community cases: 9,953
- Number of new cases that have recently travelled overseas: 383
- Seven day rolling average of community cases: 9,161
- Seven day rolling average of community cases (as at same day last week): 9,826
- Number of active cases (total): 64,081 (cases identified in the past seven days and not yet classified as recovered)
- Confirmed cases (total): 1,529,508
- Location of new community cases by district over past 24 hours.
You can also view a detailed breakdown of daily case numbers for each district since the beginning of the pandemic by clicking the ‘download’ button on the right hand side of this page: New Zealand COVID-19 data.
Please note, the Ministry of Health’s daily reported cases may differ slightly from those reported at a district or local public health unit level. This is because of different reporting cut off times and the assignment of cases between regions, for example when a case is tested outside their usual region of residence. Total numbers will always be the formal daily case tally as reported to the WHO.
Winter illness update
(This update is provided each Thursday)
- Of the 75 people in Auckland and Counties Manukau hospitals for SARI illnesses (severe acute respiratory infection) COVID-19 was the cause the infection for 24%, Human Metapneumovirus was the cause for 15 % and Influenza was the cause for 11%
- Other causes of infection, where known, were rhinoviruses, enteroviruses, adenoviruses, parainfluenza virus and RSV (12%).
- The current rate of hospitalisations in Auckland and Counties Manukau is in line with rates seen in recent years.
Today’s reported deaths take the total number of publicly reported deaths with COVID-19 to 1,927 and the seven-day rolling average of reported deaths is 25. Eight deaths formally listed in our overall tally have today been removed after being assessed as not dying from COVID.
Of the people whose deaths we are reporting today: seven were from Northland; five were from the Auckland region, one was from from Waikato, three were from Bay of Plenty, one was from Lakes, one was from Tairāwhiti, one was from Hawke’s Bay, two were from Taranaki, one was from Wellington region, two were from Nelson Marlborough, two were from Canterbury and six were from Southern.
Two were in their 60s, six were in their 70s, 11 were in their 80s and 13 were aged over 90. Of these people, 18 were women and 14 were men.
This is a very sad time for whānau and friends and our thoughts and condolences are with them. Out of respect, we will be making no further comment on these.
출처 : 7월 21일 보건부 보도자료