Today we are reporting 7,970 community cases, 381 hospitalisations and 28 deaths.
Today’s seven-day rolling average of community case numbers is 7,420 – last Tuesday it was 7,746.
Today we are sadly reporting the deaths of 28 people with COVID-19. The deaths being reported today include one person who died in February, five in March, 11 in April, and seven who died over the previous seven days. Delays to reporting can be associated with people dying with COVID-19, rather than from COVID-19, and COVID being discovered only after they have died.
These deaths take the total number of publicly reported deaths with COVID-19 to 902 and the 7-day rolling average of reported deaths is 15.
Of the people whose deaths we are reporting today; two people were from Northland, five from Auckland, three from Waikato, three from Bay of Plenty, two from Whanganui, three from the Wellington region, four from the Canterbury region and six from Southern.
One was in their 40s; one was in their 50s; two were in their 60s; eight were in their 70s; 11 were in their 80s; five were in their 90s.
Eighteen were men and 10 were women.
This is a very sad time for whānau and friends and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this time.
Out of respect, we will be making no further comment.
Note: Two of the deaths reported previously have been removed from our totals, as it has now been determined that they are not a COVID-19 case.
Vaccinations administered in New Zealand
- Vaccines administered to date: 4,026,879 first doses; 3,978,512 second doses; 31,969 third primary doses; 2,640,370 booster doses: 262,003 paediatric first doses and 119,331 paediatric second doses
- Vaccines administered yesterday: 26 first doses; 61 second doses; 20 third primary doses; 1,072 booster doses; 26 paediatric first doses and 204 paediatric second doses
- All Ethnicities (percentage of eligible people aged 12+): 4,055,703 first dose (96.4%); 4,006,696 second dose (95.2%), 2,635,212 boosted (70.8% of those eligible)
- Māori (percentage of eligible people aged 12+): 521,134 first dose (91.3%); 504,236 second dose (88.3%), 235,723 boosted (54.1% of those eligible)
- Pacific Peoples (percentage of eligible people aged 12+): 281,954 first dose (98.4%); 277,095 second dose (96.7%), 140,606 boosted (56.6% of those eligible)
- 5 to 11-year-olds all ethnicities: 259,115 first dose (54.4%); 116,482 second dose (24.5%)
- 5 to 11-year-olds - Māori: 40,859 first dose (35.4%); 13,346 second dose (11.5%)
- 5 to 11-year-olds - Pacific Peoples: 23,541 first dose (47.7%); 6,788 second dose (13.7%)
Note that the number for “People vaccinated” differs slightly from “Vaccines administered” as it includes those that have been vaccinated overseas.
Vaccination rates for all DHBs
- Northland DHB: first dose (90.1%); second dose (88%); boosted (67.4%)
- Auckland DHB: first dose (99.1%); second dose (98.2%); boosted (73%)
- Counties Manukau DHB: first dose (96.2%); second dose (95%); boosted (65.8%)
- Waitemata DHB: first dose (96.5%); second dose (95.6%); boosted (70.8%)
- Waikato DHB: first dose (95.1%); second dose (93.6%); boosted (66.3%)
- Bay of Plenty DHB: first dose (95.1%); second dose (93.4%); boosted (65.6%)
- Lakes DHB: first dose (93.1%); second dose (91.3%); boosted (65.9%)
- MidCentral DHB: first dose (96.4%); second dose (95.2%); boosted (71.8%)
- Tairāwhiti DHB: first dose (93%); second dose (90.8%); boosted (65.5%)
- Whanganui DHB: first dose (91.9%); second dose (90.4%); boosted (71.1%)
- Hawke’s Bay DHB: first dose (97.3%); second dose (95.7%); boosted (69.3%)
- Taranaki DHB: first dose (94.6%); second dose (93.3%); boosted (67.7%)
- Wairarapa DHB: first dose (96.4%); second dose (95%); boosted (72.7%)
- Capital & Coast DHB: first dose (98.4%); second dose (97.8%); boosted (79.2%)
- Hutt Valley DHB: first dose (96.6%); second dose (95.7%); boosted (74.6%)
- Nelson Marlborough DHB: first dose (96.4%); second dose (95.2%); boosted (73.1%)
- West Coast DHB: first dose (92.6%); second dose (91.2%); boosted (71.2%)
- Canterbury DHB: first dose (99.8%); second dose (98.9%); boosted (74.1%)
- South Canterbury DHB: first dose (94.7%); second dose (93.7%); boosted (74.1%)
- Southern DHB: first dose (98.5%); second dose (97.5%); boosted (73%)
Partially and second doses percentages are for those 12+. Boosted percentages are for 18+ who have become eligible 3 months after having their second dose or 16- and 17-year-olds who have become eligible 6 months after having their second dose.
- Cases in hospital: total number 381: Northland: 8; Waitemata: 50; Counties Manukau: 32; Auckland: 85; Waikato: 44; Bay of Plenty: 17; Lakes: 5; Tairāwhiti: 1; Hawke’s Bay: 14; Taranaki: 10; Whanganui: 1; MidCentral: 23; Wairarapa: 1; Hutt Valley: 4; Capital and Coast: 12; Nelson Marlborough: 6; Canterbury: 44; South Canterbury: 2; West Coast: 4; Southern: 18.
- Average age of current hospitalisations*: 60
- Cases in ICU or HDU: 10
- Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region only, excluding Emergency Departments): Unvaccinated or not eligible (30 cases / 13%); partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (7 cases / 3%); double vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (60 cases / 26%); Received booster at least 7 days before being reported as a case (128 cases / 55%); unknown (8 cases / 3%).
* Please note the average age of current hospitalisations is for the Northern Region admissions only at this stage. This data is recorded and extracted from the same source as the vaccination status of patients in Northern Region hospitals.
- Seven day rolling average of community cases: 7,420
- Seven day rolling average (as at same day last week): 7,746
- Number of new community cases: 7,970
- Number of new community cases (PCR): 227
- Number of new community cases (RAT): 7,743
- Location of new community cases (PCR & RAT): Northland (252), Auckland (2,633), Waikato (594), Bay of Plenty (254), Lakes (151), Hawke’s Bay (256), MidCentral (261), Whanganui (95), Taranaki (209), Tairāwhiti (75), Wairarapa (87), Capital and Coast (498), Hutt Valley (190), Nelson Marlborough (282), Canterbury (1,172), South Canterbury (152), Southern (744), West Coast (62), Unknown (3)
- Number of new cases identified at the border: 77
- Number of active community cases (total): 51,929 (cases identified in the past 7 days and not yet classified as recovered)
- Confirmed cases (total): 1,009,876
Please note, the Ministry of Health’s daily reported cases may differ slightly from those reported at a DHB or local public health unit level. This is because of different reporting cut off times and the assignment of cases between regions, for example when a case is tested outside their usual region of residence. Total numbers will always be the formal daily case tally as reported to the WHO.
- Number of PCR tests total (last 24 hours): 3,928
- Number of Rapid Antigen Tests reported total (last 24 hours): 17,397
- PCR tests rolling average (last 7 days): 3,464
- Number of Rapid Antigen Tests dispatched (last 7 days as of 11 May 2022): 1.8 million.
출처 : 보건부 보도자료