LG NeoChef 25L Smart Inverter 1000W Microwave - Black (MS2596OB)

MS2596OB
LG NeoChef 25L Smart Inverter 1000W Microwave - Black (MS2596OB)
Shortlist Compare
$224 GREAT PRICE

This section should always be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions for Product CareTM.

Find in Store
Description

Versatile and intuitive, this LG NeoChef Smart Inverter Microwave lets you prepare meals effortlessly. A great addition to any modern kitchen, this appliance boasts a spacious 25L capacity, user-friendly controls, and 1000W power. It also showcases a stylish and minimalistic structure, a glass turntable, a side swing door release, and a tinted door glass to complement most kitchen appliances and interiors. Now you can efficiently put together various meals for yourself or for the whole family!

Key Overview

• Total Capacity: 25L
  • Power: 1000W
  • 10 Power Levels: 1000W, 900W, 800W, 700W, 600W, 500W, 400W, 300W, 200W, 100W
  • 29.2 cm Glass Turntable
  • Glass Touch Control Panel
  • Product Dimensions: 272mm (H) x 470mm (W) x 362mm (D)

Product Highlights

• Versatile Kitchen Appliance: Create a wide variety of delicious dishes with the LG NeoChef Microwave! A practical investment for every modern kitchen, this unit is engineered with the innovative Smart Inverter technology that handles your heating, defrosting and cooking needs.
  • Fast Performance: Spend less time waiting and more time enjoying your meals, as this microwave offers fast cooking time. It also delivers accurate temperature control and uniform heat distribution to ensure ‘chef’s kiss’ results every time.
  • User-Friendly Operations: With its easy touch controls, you can quickly adjust the NeoChef’s power levels and select the cooking mode you’re looking for. It also comes packed with handy Reheat, Melt, Soften, Proof, Keep Warm, Popular Menu, and 30 sec. Plus functions.
  • Optimal Safety: This LG appliance incorporates the Anti-Bacterial EasyClean™ Coating, effectively removing up to 99.99% of harmful bacteria*. Furthermore, it has a Child Safety Lock to keep curious little hands at bay.
  • Minimalist Appearance: Conveniently place this NeoChef Microwave on any kitchen countertop, thanks to its smaller footprint. It also showcases a Matte black finish, a side swing door release, a white LED display, and a tinted glass door that seamlessly blends into any interior.

*99.99% anti-bacterial tested by SGS.

Specifications
All Product Details
Brand LG
Product Type Microwaves
Model Number MS2596OB
Microwave Features
Microwave Type Microwave Oven
Functions
  • Microwave
Microwave Capacity (Litres) 25 L
Microwave Power (Wattage) 1000W
Microwave Technology
  • Smart Inverter Technology
Number of Power Levels 10 (1000W, 900W, 800W, 700W, 600W, 500W, 400W, 300W, 200W, 100W)
Number of Cooking Methods Reheat, Melt, Soften, Proof, Keep Warm, Popular Menu
Oven Lining Anti-Bacterial EasyClean™ Coating
Microwave Features
  • 30 sec. Plus
  • Child Safety Lock
  • Clock
  • Keep Warm
  • Melt Function
  • Reheat Menu
  • Soften Function
Turntable Type Glass
Turntable Size 29.2 cm
Door Release Type Side Swing
Door Glass/Screen Type Tinted
Control Panel Features
Control Panel Type Glass Touch
Dimensions
Height 272 mm
Width 470 mm
Depth 362 mm
Product Weight 9.6 kg
Warranty
Manufacturers 24 Months
Reviews
LG NeoChef 25L Smart Inverter 1000W Microwave - Black (MS2596OB) is rated 4.6 out of 5 by 506.
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Very disappointing I purchased this LG Microwave 25 months ago - it is just out of the warranty period. 3 days ago it stopped working, no warning, just wont work. I have had a few people look at it to make sure it was really dead and it is. I have had Panasonic Microwaves in the past and have never had one that didn’t last more than 10 years. In fact, the last one I gave to my daughter and her family used it for more than 5 years before they decided to update. It was still working perfectly well but the white exterior had gone yellow and the buttons on the front were cracked.I have never owned any LG product before and wont buy another. 2 years is just not a fair run for something that should last a lot longer.
Date published: 2020-06-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by from LG Neochef 25L I had the previous LG microwave for 20 years, with a missing plate it was time for an upgrade. This unit is great value for the price point. The black finish is smart and tidy, the door covers the full front panel making cleaning easier and the unit is visually appealing. Quick touch start features are located on the front door for quick reheating, additional cooking options are easily accessible with the door open on the main panel. Time setting was foolproof. Allow 40mm either side and slightly more above if the appliance is placed in a recess for venting.
Date published: 2019-03-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great microwave! Very happy with this microwave. It balances compact size with good capacity. I like that the door is just a pull to open, rather than a button. And I like that the cycle end tone is a short musical tune rather than a ding as it's quieter. The microwave is also quieter when in use than others I have used. Highly recommend.
Date published: 2017-07-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great microwave I spent 3 weeks and many many hours pouring over reviews of microwaves when mine stopped working. So much so, i was making myself sick with worry that id buy a lemon and I couldnt afford to do that. Did i want a flat bed, inverter, convection - so many choices, so many pros and cons. Mine also goes into a cavity / cupboard so i needed one that would fit, and not overheat. The Neochef while being small in litre, does not feel tiny inside, infact i only notice it is slightly shorter than my old 32L machine. My big red rice cooker bowl fits in with no issues, a full sized dinner plate fits no issues so that is all that mattered size wise for me. The Neochef it lightweight, compared to my old machine which is great, but it doesnt feel cheap at all. The black glass is beautiful and the menu inside the door is super helpful. We have used the defrost functions, soften butter, melt butter etc, they all work very well. The machine is very efficient, not at all slow and sluggish. The glass turn table is stable, the menu is easy to use and the machine is very easy to clean. I actually love how you can slide the time up and down when the microwave is on too. The jingle is great.. i know some people seem to hate it, but we love it. I isnt overly loud so not annoying, and i much prefer it to the beep beep beep of my old machine. All up, i love this microwave. I cant fault it at all, and im glad i spent all that time now pouring over hundreds of reviews of dozens of different machines. I dont regret my purchase and would recommend this Neochef to anyone who is in the market for a new microwave.
Date published: 2019-10-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great microwave Great microwave. Works well. More powerful than my old one. Good value for money. Only missing feature is a kitchen timer which I thought was standard on microwaves, but apparently not.
Date published: 2017-01-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from LG 25L Microwave - A Glass Act!! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Not only does the LG Microwave look superb with its all glass door hiding the menu buttons behind it but its functions are spot on. Reheating drinks, casserole and soup produced the perfect drinking and eating temperatures. The "Popular Menu" is great for cooking fresh and frozen vegies and rice as well as great tasting bacon. The defrosting of meat also was a surprise - no burnt edges and evenly defrosted. "Yumbos" (melted cheese and ham buns) awesome without being too hot and runny. So glad I bought this Microwave which also is perfect size for our galley kitchen. The only negative I could find on it was the "-" on the slide rule timer on the glass door. Ha! Ha!
Date published: 2021-08-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Stylish and easy to use We needed a microwave upgrade and this LG one was perfect. Love the hidden buttons to make it more stylish, and it is super easy to use.
Date published: 2018-02-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Compact and Tidy... Bought this just on a month ago and have to say we're pretty happy with this unit... Even to the point where the finish chime at the end is pleasant enough to listen to rather than the customary 'beeping' you here on most microwaves... Recommended buy...
Date published: 2018-07-12
  • y_2024, m_5, d_13, h_2
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_31, tr_475
  • loc_en_NZ, sid_63859, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_harvey-norman-en_nz
  • bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 9.13ms
  • REVIEWS, PRODUCT
Delivery
Delivery

We aim to dispatch orders within 2 days. Delivery costs are calculated based on your location and the size of your order. Furniture may take up to 8 weeks to deliver as most products are made specifically for your order. Some Customer Direct products are shipped from overseas and may take longer to arrive. Some goods may take longer to deliver if a product is currently not in stock. A staff member will contact you where this occurs.

Easy returns

If you feel your product has failed a Consumer Guarantee (as defined by New Zealand Consumer Law) then don't worry you can easily return it to your local Harvey Norman store. We'll even pay for the postage if you live in an area where there is no store. Our returns policy covers any purchased item ( conditions apply).

Terms & Conditions
Pricing Terms

Special pricing is valid until 14/05/2024.

Questions & Answers

I gave my kitchen joiner the microwave measurements from the "Description" when you scroll down to the bottom. The diagram records the dimensions as W 470mm H 272mm D370mm. I have just seen that the Specs record the W as 476mm? What is correct ?

Asked by: NewKitchen
Hi there, thanks for your question. We can confirm that 470mm is indeed correct, we appreciate you spotting this, we will have the relevant department correct this.
Answered by: HN Customer Service
Date published: 2023-01-18

Hi there, If placing this in a cavity in the kitchen, please can you let me know how much space is required around the outside of the microwave for adequate ventilation? Thanks

Asked by: Kate
Hi Kate. The manufacturer has recommended a clearance of at least 15 cm of space on the top and 10 cm at the left & right and 5 cm at the rear for ventilation. The front of the oven should be at least 8 cm from the edge of the surface to prevent tipping. Hope this helps.
Date published: 2022-07-13

Hi there, can you confirm the warranty? The product has a 10 year warranty badge on it, but the text on the page says 24 month

Asked by: Ross
Hi Ross. Thanks for your question. The warranty is in two parts. It has a 2 year manufacturers warranty on the whole unit, plus there is an additional 8 year warranty on the Magnetron invertor (parts only). Hope this helps with your query.
Date published: 2022-07-13

What is the maximum height I can fit inside (Need to know if my Microwave Steam Steriliser for Milk Bottle Can fit in it) thank you

Asked by: Tobias23
Thanks for your great question. The microwave's oven capacity dimensions are 322 mm(W) X 228 mm(H) X 335 mm(D). Hope this helps!
Date published: 2022-03-05

Can you turn off the chime it makes when cooking is completed, or change it to a beep?

Asked by: M_P_B
Thanks for your question. Yes, press and hold the 'Clear' button then press the 'Keep Warm' button for 5 seconds then the display will show the changing state 'On' or 'Off" for the completion chime. Please note, this won't disable all beeps and chimes, and will mean you need to monitor food more regularly. Hope this helps!
Date published: 2021-11-30

What is the turntable size?

Asked by: BT1234
Thanks for your question. The turntable measures 292mm in diameter. Hope this helps!
Date published: 2021-11-09

Hi. Is this similar to https://www.harveynorman.co.nz/home-appliances/kitchen-appliances/microwaves/lg42l-smart-inverter-microwave-oven.html  Just 1000 watts and 25L instead?

Asked by: NZA1
Thanks for your question. Yes, that's correct. The models are exactly the same, with the same features and functions, but with less power and a smaller overall size. Hope this helps.
Date published: 2021-11-09

Is the dimensions given for the entire unit or for the cooking compartment ? 

Asked by: Debznz
Thank you for your question. The dimensions are of the entire unit.
Date published: 2021-09-07
  • y_2024, m_5, d_13, h_2CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.42
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_9
  • loc_en_NZ, sid_63859, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_harvey-norman-en_nz
  • bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.1
  • CLOUD, getContent, 8.36ms
  • QUESTIONS, PRODUCT
Product Care
With Product CareTM you can relax knowing Your purchase comes with additional protection.

Discover all the benefits Product CareTM brings you:
Certainty

With Product CareTM you have certainty that your product is covered for a specific period of time. If, during the Product CareTM term, your product fails to operate as a result of an Eligible Fault*, we will provide a one-off replacement of Your Product.

Support

Our experienced support team ensures that the assessment, replacement or remedy process under your Product CareTM is a convenient experience. Whether you are experiencing a product fault or needing toll free technical assistance, our team is here to provide support every step of the way.

Advantage

Redeem exclusive Additional Benefits which will help you maintain your product and assist in an additional purchase.

There are exclusions and limitations to Product CareTM. This section should always be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions for Product CareTM.

Learn more about Product CareTM.

Terms & Conditions

Pricing Terms

Special pricing is valid until 14/05/2024.

Recommended for you

Please confirm your selection

Store Picker

Travel Mode

Stores