The arts are a central part of our identity as a city and reflect the vibrancy of our communities. In reflection of this, Auckland Council’s arts and culture facilities are providing an opportunity for artists to present their creative projects and ideas.
In making arts and culture a part of our everyday lives, there’s an opportunity for Aucklanders to exhibit their mahi toi (artwork) in one of our galleries and spaces in 2019.
Put together a proposal outlining your project and apply to one of the arts facilities listed below.
What we're looking for
A whole range of different art forms will be considered – whether you’re a painter, graphic designer, sculptor, photographer, jeweller, fashion designer, musician or writer.
The opportunity is open to creative people of all skill levels and backgrounds – from emerging artists and students to established professionals. Individuals, community groups and organisations can all apply.
Our facilities are particularly looking for; projects that connect with their surrounding community, context or location, whether that be a local board area or across wider Auckland; projects with interesting workshops, programmes or events that encourage public participation; and projects that recognise and celebrate Matariki, the Māori New Year.
To find out more about these opportunities, talk to one of our gallery coordinators or email email@example.com
Apply to the facilities below:
- Franklin Arts Centre (Pukekohe) – proposals close Monday 30 July
- Fresh Gallery Ōtara – proposals close Monday 30 July
- Māngere Arts Centre - Ngā Tohu o Uenuku – proposals close Monday 30 July
- Papakura Art Gallery – proposals close Monday 30 July
- Nathan Homestead (Manurewa) – proposals close Monday 30 July
- Studio One Toi Tū (Ponsonby) – proposals close Sunday 22 July