정상화
휴람
송영림
월드비전
독자기고
이신

Going on a Diet

0 개 2,747 stgeorge

Dave: Man, I feel like I’m getting a bit pudgy around the old gut.
세상에. 나 뱃살이 장난아니야.

Julie: Well go on a diet then!
그럼 다이어트좀 해야지.

Dave: Oh that’s a good idea. Do you have any recommendations as to which diet is best?
오! 좋은생각이야. 어떤 다이어트가 괜찮은지 추천좀 해줘.

Julie: Well Kirsty Alley lost 34kg’s with Jenny Craig, why don’t you give that a try?
음.. 크리스티 앨리는Jenny Craig 다이어트로 34킬로나 뺏어. 너도 그거 한번해보지 그러니?

Dave: Are you serious? I don’t want to go to the group meetings and stuff, how embarrassing. Can you imagine me sitting there sharing with the group about how I was going with my weight loss and what is holding me back. No thanks! I would rather have a diet that I can do on my own.
너 제정신으로 말하는거니? 난 그렇게 단체로 모여서 하는것들은 질색이야. 정말 부끄럽잖아.내가 거기 앉아서 얼마나 살빼기 원하는지, 뭐가 다이어트에 장애가 되는지를 얘기하고
있다고 생각해봐.  난 그런거 됐어. 차라리 혼자 다이어트하는게 낫겠어.

Julie: um, you could try Sure Slim.
음…그럼Sure Slim. 은 어떄?

Dave: Oh that’s the one where they take a blood test and a family history and work out what is causing the weight gain and then tailor a diet to you specifically.
아. 그거 피검사랑 가족기록을 봐서 뭐가 살찌는데 원인이 되고있는지 조사한 후에 개인적으로 맞춰주는 프로그램 인거지?

Julie: yeah that’s the one. It’s really good I hear, just because they tailor it to you.
응 맞어. 그거 정말 좋데, 완전히 너만을 위해 맞춰주는거니까.

Dave: I hope that I don’t have to eat rabbit food. I still want to be able to have a good steak and chips.
제발 풀같은 음식만 아니었음 좋겠다. 난 스테이크랑 감자칩 같은걸 먹고싶단 말야.

Julie: If you wanna loose the extra weight around your middle you are definitely going to have to cut out food like that. That’s what causes your gut to grow so big.
복부살을 빼고싶은 애가 당연히 먹는걸 줄여야지. 그게 니 뱃살에 원인이라구.

Dave: Nothing wrong with a healthy appetite.
내 왕성한 식욕은 아무런 잘못이 없어.

Julie: No not at all, but there will be more of you if you continue on with your “healthy appetite”.
그래 없지. 하지만 계속 그 식욕을 유지한다면 넌 점점 불어날걸?

Dave: You don’t have to tell me. I’m the one that came to you for advice on a diet, remember.
너 너무한다. 난 너한테 조언을 구하러 온것 뿐이야.

Julie: And I’m giving it to you. The best way to loose weight and keep it off is eating right and exercise.With a fad diet you may loose the weight, but you probably won’t be able to sustain the weight loss and you will put it all straight back on again. It may be a slow process, but healthy eating and exercise are the way to go. Don’t just go on a diet. Make a lifestyle change.
그래. 그래서  조언해주고 있잖아. 살빼고 그걸 유지하는데 가장 좋은 방법은 제대로 잘 먹고 운동하는거라구. 일시적으로 유행하는 다이어트방법으로 뭐 잠시 살은 빠질수 있어도 곧
도로 찌게 될거야. 좀 오래걸려도 건강하게 먹고 운동하는게 정석이지. 그냥 다이어트
하지말고 생활습관을 바꿔봐.

Dave: Thanks I’ll do that. Make a lifestyle change! Wow I’m feeling better already. Thanks.
그래. 고마워, 그렇게 해볼께. 와~ 벌써 기분이 좋아지는거 같은데?

Glossary

A bit pudgy around the old gut: 복부부위가 통통한.   Eg) 내 다리는 굵다    I have pudgy legs.

Jenny Craig  / Sure Slim:  다이어트 클리닉 회사

Give that a try:  한번 시도해 보다.

What is holding me back: 내게 장애가 되는것

Taylor a diet to you specifically: 특별히 다이어트 프로그램을 맞추다.

Rabbit food: Fruit and Vegetables. 채소, 과일 등을 일컷는 말.

Gut:  복부 (그밖에 뜻: 내장, 배짱, 용기)

Healthy appetite: 왕성한 식욕

Keep it off: 유지하다

Fad diet: (일시적으로)  유행하는 다이어트  eg. There was a fad of wearing pink skirts

last year 저 분홍색 스커트 작년에 유행했었는데

Baking a cake following a recipe

댓글 0 | 조회 2,405 | 2011.11.16
Mai: Which recipe shall we use? All of them look mouth-watering; I can’t make up my … 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Rugby World Cup Dialogue – o…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,612 | 2011.09.20
Joan: Hey Max, are you coming to the World Cup opening party tonight?Joan: 하이 맥스, 너 오늘밤 월드… 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Driving to the ski field

댓글 0 | 조회 2,563 | 2011.08.17
Driving to the ski fieldIvy: Look out the window, there has been a fresh snowfall overnigh… 더보기

St Georged의 생활영어 - ACC

댓글 0 | 조회 3,929 | 2010.08.23
ACC Will fell of his bike and sprained his ankle. He is at the doctor having the injury ch… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Winter

댓글 1 | 조회 3,111 | 2010.07.29
WinterA: Gosh, it’s freezing.A: 아이고,너무 춥다.B: Yes, I just want to snuggle up with a hottie … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Queen's Birthday

댓글 0 | 조회 3,802 | 2010.05.28
Queen's Birthday WeekendRose: I heard through the grapevine that there are no classes on M… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Lost property on the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,364 | 2010.05.19
Lost property on the bus 버스에서의 분실물Automated voice:To help you find your lost property, we … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Reporting stolen property

댓글 0 | 조회 3,655 | 2010.02.18
Reporting stolen property도난된 물건 신고하기Rex – Hello, Downtown Police Station. You are speaking… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Changing Internet Service P…

댓글 0 | 조회 3,356 | 2009.12.01
Changing Internet Service Providers 인터넷 서비스업체 바꾸기Automated voice: Welcome to Quicknet. For… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Catching the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,996 | 2009.11.13
Catching the busYuri : Hi, I would like to go to Mt Albert please. Is this the right to ca… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clearing customs

댓글 0 | 조회 3,833 | 2009.10.14
Clearing customs 세관 통과[At Passport Control] 출입국 수속Immigration Officer –Good morning. Can I… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Calling IRD

댓글 0 | 조회 3,937 | 2009.08.20
Calling IRD - IRD전화걸기---Thank you for calling Inland Revenue. Please for faster and more s… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Working for Families

댓글 0 | 조회 3,273 | 2009.06.11
Working for FamiliesJana: Everything’s getting so expensive…I filled up the car this morni… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Job

댓글 0 | 조회 3,496 | 2009.04.24
New JobRuth: Hi Ben! (Grinning from ear to ear)안녕 벤! (활짝 웃는다)Ben: Hi Ruth. You look like y… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Year Resolutions

댓글 0 | 조회 3,145 | 2009.01.27
New Year Resolutions 새해 결심Julie: Man I have managed to really pack on the pounds this sill… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Christmas

댓글 0 | 조회 3,176 | 2008.12.16
ChristmasSara: Wow…look at all your shopping bags! Are you doing your Christmas shopping a… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - NZ hot spots

댓글 0 | 조회 3,381 | 2008.11.17
NZ hot spotsBen: I’ve got a week off work next week – I really want to get out of the big … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Voting

댓글 0 | 조회 3,090 | 2008.10.22
Voting 선거Glen: Wow, the election’s next month! Have you enrolled to vote yet? 와, 다음달에 선거가 … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clothes and fashion

댓글 0 | 조회 3,404 | 2008.09.15
Clothes 옷 Jenny: Man, I really need to get some new clothes for summer eh. 제니: 나 정말 여름옷을 좀… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - A favour

댓글 0 | 조회 3,603 | 2008.08.21
Frances: Hello, Frances speaking. 안녕하세요, 프렌시스 입니다.Anna: Hey Frances, how’s it going? It’s … 더보기

현재 Going on a Diet

댓글 0 | 조회 2,748 | 2008.07.02
Dave: Man, I feel like I’m getting a bit pudgy around the old gut. 세상에. 나 뱃살이 장난아니야. Julie… 더보기

ID

댓글 0 | 조회 3,182 | 2008.07.02
Miki:What are you up to tonight, Eva? 오늘 밤에 뭐 할거야 , 에바? Eva:Some of my friends are going o… 더보기

Anzac Day

댓글 0 | 조회 3,457 | 2008.04.09
Anzac Day 앤잭 기념일 Leon:Hey there Jared.What’s with the flower?I’ve seen heaps of people wal… 더보기

Sick

댓글 0 | 조회 2,727 | 2008.03.13
Sick Cindy:I’m sick as a dog.I think I need to go to hospital! 나 몸이 너무 안좋아.아무래도 병원에 가봐야 할것… 더보기

Road trip

댓글 0 | 조회 2,449 | 2008.02.27
Becky:We’re going on a road trip next week…I’m so excited! 우리 다음주에 여행갈거야..너무 흥분돼! Rachel: … 더보기