독자기고
이신

Internet 인터넷- by St George Institute of Learning

0 개 1,946 Hannah Han
Is your computer on the fritz?
컴퓨터가 잘 안되니?

W: this computer is driving me nuts!
    이 컴퓨터 떄문에 정말 미치겠어!

M: what are you getting all worked up about? Is your computer on the fritz?  
   왜 그렇게 화가 났어요? 컴퓨터가 작동이 안되요?

W: no, I am just not on good terms with it. My son says that I am computer illiterate.
   아뇨 컴퓨터를 잘 못 다루겠어요. 우리애가 저보고 컴맹이래요.

M: well, it seems that the younger generation gets the hang of things faster.
   젊은 사람들이 그런 건 더 빨리 배우는 것 같아요.

W: I think the internet is like an addiction. My son is logged on day in and day out.
   In addition, he seems to be using MSN to chat with girls all night and never gets up until 1 pm. Moreover when I barge into his room, he suddenly closes certain windows and gets all flustered and embarrassed. I can easily imagine what he’s doing.

제 생각에 인터넷은 중독인 것 같아요, 우리 아들 녀석은 하루 종일 컴퓨터를 켜놓고  산다니까요.게다가 밤새 여자애들하고 엠에스엔으로 체팅을 하고 오후 한시가 되도록 일어나지를 안아요, 그뿐인줄 아세요?
내가 방에 벌컥 들어가면 뭔가 창을 급하게 닫으며 당황해 해요. 대충 무슨짓을 하는지 상상이 가요.

M: You could go onto the net nanny, or check which site he has been if you go to history on the menu bar.
   그런 사이트 방지 프로그램을 달던가 메뉴바에 히스토리를 누르면 걔가 어떤 사이트를 열었는지 체크하실 수 있어요.

W: I wouldn’t know even if you explain it to me. You have to show me on the spot.
   그렇게 설명해주셔도 제가 뭘 아나요. 직접 보여주셔야죠.

M: OK. I’ll show you how to use it. It could be really dangerous if we misuse it
It’s good that my daughter is only doing research for her homework on the net. Before, she never even opened a book. Also I am happy that I took a stand with my daughter at the beginning. We moved her computer into the living room so we can always watch her.

알겠어요, 언제 한번 어떻게 하는지 가르쳐 드릴꼐요. 정말이지 인터넷은 남용하면 큰일이에요.  그래도 우리 딸애는 인터넷으로 조사를 해서 숙제를 하더라구요. 그전에는 책 한번 펴보지 않았거든요. 게다가 처음부터 제 입장을 확실히 해둬서 그 얘 컴퓨터를 거실로 옮겼어요. 그래서 항상 컴퓨터로 뭘 하는지 볼수가 있지요.

W: I guess you have a point there.  I should have done it before. Now he won’t listen
He’s taking it too far now. A few weeks ago, he failed with his essay. You know what?
He just copied someone’s work on the net without writing any references.

당신말에도 일리가 있네요, 나도 진작 그랬어야 했는데. 우리애는 지금 내 말을 들으려 하지도 않아요.  정도가  지나쳐서 몇주전에는 리포트쓴것도 낙점되었더라구요, 글쎄 참조표도 없이 인터넷에서 남의 리포트를 베껴서 냈다지 뭐에요.

M: well I for one am very thankful for the internet, My children pull As in class.
   저는 인터넷을 좋게 생각하는 사람 중 한명이에요. 우리 애들는 요새 학교성적이 아주 좋거든요.

******************* 새로운 표현**************************
1. Log in/on->log out/off 컴퓨터를 사용하다.
2. on the fritz  고장이 난 /go on the frits 고장이 나다.
    Cf. Put something on the fritz.~를 못쓰게 하다 엉망이 되게 하다
3. Get worked up 흥분하다
    Work up은 ‘자극하다, 부추기다’ 라는 뜻이며 수동태형태인 be(get) worked up은 흥분하다’ 라는 의미로 쓰인다.
4. Drive me nuts
(Drive + 목적어 + 보어) ‘를 ~한 상태로 만들다’ 라는 의미이다. Nuts 열광적인, 미친 이라는 뜻이다.
Cf> be nuts ( a nut) about (on) ~에 열중해 있다, ~를 썩 잘하다
5. Get the hang of something ~에 요령을 익히다. ~에 익숙해 지다.
6. Net Nanny – 불법 및 성인 사이트 방지용 프로그램
7. Take a stand (on something) with someone   ~와~에 대해 분명한 입장을 취하다.
Eg. I took a stand on this matter with her. 나는 그녀에게 이번 문제에대해 분명한 입장을  취했어.
8. Take it too far 정도가 지나치다.
9. Pull As in class 학교에서 우수한 성적을 받다.

****************컴퓨터에 관련된 다른표현****************
CF) I suddenly got bumped = suddenly get disconnected without warning  인터넷이 갑자기 끊기다.
    He’s turned into a mouse potato.= he’s turned into a computer addict. 컴퓨터에 중독되다. Couch potato= TV에 중독된 사람)
    It gets millions of hits everyday  매일 수백만 번의 접속 건수를 기록하다. (Hit은 사이트 접속수를 뜻한다.)

St George Institute of Learning
www.stgeorge.ac.nz

Part-time job (아르바이트)

댓글 0 | 조회 2,610 | 2008.01.16
Max: I’m so broke at the moment – now that summer’s coming I could really use some e… 더보기

Studylink – Student Allowance

댓글 0 | 조회 2,934 | 2007.12.19
Amanda: Kia ora, welcome to Studylink, you’re speaking with Amanda. 안녕하세요. 스터디 링크의 아만다입니다.… 더보기

뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램

댓글 0 | 조회 2,634 | 2007.09.17
TV Programmes(뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램) Sally: Hey did you watch “America’s next top model” last night… 더보기

Wedding 결혼 - St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 1,922 | 2007.07.30
Wedding 결혼 Katy: Oh man it’s only two weeks till you get married. Are you excited? 와 이제 너 … 더보기

현재 Internet 인터넷- by St George Institute of Learn…

댓글 0 | 조회 1,947 | 2007.07.02
Is your computer on the fritz? 컴퓨터가 잘 안되니? W: this computer is driving me nuts! 이 컴퓨터 .… 더보기

Driving - by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,138 | 2007.03.02
Driving – Learning to drive, and NZ licences운전 배우기 Sandy: I have been taking driving… 더보기

Screwed up - by St George Institute of Learni…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,074 | 2007.02.01
Tanya: I met the broker yesterday. Joyce: Did you? How did it go? Tanya: We didn’t get it.… 더보기

Holiday - by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,020 | 2007.01.10
That’s my dream vacation! 그게 바로 내가 원하던 휴가야! M: Well, summer is in full swing. Do you have … 더보기

Christmas -by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,111 | 2006.12.08
Christmas 크리스마스 M: Have you seen the Santa statue on the Whitcoulls building? It’s out ear… 더보기

Climate and Weather 오클랜드 날씨-St George Institu…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,619 | 2006.10.27
Climate and Weather Jack: I hate spring in Auckland.The weather is so unpredictable. 나는 오클… 더보기

Personality 성격 -by St George Institute of Lea…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,099 | 2006.09.12
Personality Joyce: What’s the deal with Jim? Why is he so moody all the time? 짐한테 무슨 일 있어?… 더보기

Veggie shop 야채가게 풍경 -by St George Institute o…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,075 | 2006.09.07
Veggie Shop 야채가게 This is a quick introduction to what an Auckland fruit and veggie shop is… 더보기

Arguing 말다툼 -by St George Institute of Learni…

댓글 0 | 조회 1,948 | 2006.08.15
A: It seems that you are in a bad mood. Has something happened? B: I crashed into another … 더보기

Over the top (과도한)-by St George Institute of …

댓글 0 | 조회 1,918 | 2006.07.17
Garth: We’re very careful with our money now, as we have quite a few debts to repay. Kim: … 더보기

Losing a job (실직)- by St George Institute of …

댓글 0 | 조회 1,776 | 2006.07.04
Losing a job! Jimmy:I was let go last week. Theresa: What? Why did they lay you off? You w… 더보기

Test 시험 - by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,076 | 2006.06.21
James: How did you do in your final? Soraya:I aced the test! James: Wow, you’re an Einstei… 더보기