휴람
송영림
월드비전
독자기고
이신

Veggie shop 야채가게 풍경 -by St George Institute of Learning

0 개 2,075 Hannah Han
Veggie Shop 야채가게

This is a quick introduction to what an Auckland fruit and veggie shop is like.  
It's generally in a handy location with ample parking but the area is rarely tidy or clean
It's often where the bread-winner of the family sits in the car with the children while the wife does the shopping.
It's also a place where inexperienced drivers with no insurance race for convenient parking spaces with the inevitable dents and scratches to car bodies resulting, and the occasional dispute over who was actually at fault.
The car-park is so busy because the goods are very cheap, attracting housewives, students, pensioners and people from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds.
Everyone is happy to be hassled in the car-park, jostled in the crowded aisles while they choose their goods and obliged to step over discarded or damaged foodstuff lying on the floor because the total price of their purchases is comparatively low.
Often there are meat and fish vendors nearby also, enabling the shoppers to get most of their buying done from the one stop.
One other feature of these shops is the efficient checkout procedure.
Shoppers don't mind queuing if the queue appears to keep moving.  
One way this is achieved is by having someone available to supply boxes for shoppers when needed and sometimes this task is performed by the manager.
This typifies the owners' sensitivity to what the shoppers want.

번역

뉴질랜드 야채가계의 풍경을 간단히 소개하고자 합니다.
야채가게는 주로 가깝고 편리한 장소에 위치하고 있으며 넓은 주차공간을 보유하고 있지만 주변이 잘 정돈되어 있지는 않습니다. 대개 아내들이 야채가게에서 장을 보는 동안 남편들은 차안에서 아이를 돌보곤 합니다.
또한 이 곳은 초보운전자나 보험에 가입하지 않은 차들로 인해 종종 가벼운 접촉사고를 경험하게 되고 그로인한 언쟁이 생기기도 합니다.
야채가게의 저렴한 가격에 매료된 가정주부와 학생들 그리고 인근 주민들로 인해 주차장은 언제나 붐비는 편입니다.
주차장에서의 기다림이나 북적대는 가게 안에서 서로 몸을 부딪히며 물건을 고르는 일, 그리고 바닥에 떨어진 뭉그러진 야채나 과일을 밟기도 해야하는 일들을 피할수는 없지만 야채가게의 저렴한 가격으로 인해 모두들 만족해 합니다.
소비자들의 편리를 위해 야채가게 주변엔 보통 정육점이나 생선가게들이 함께 자리하기 마련입니다. 야채가게의 또 다른 특징중 하나는 편리한 계산방식입니다. 계산대 앞 줄이 조금씩이라도 움직이고 있다면 기다리는 것을 불편해하진 않습니다.
쇼핑을 마친 사람들이 물건을 가져가기 편리하도록 빈 상자를 제공해 주는 직원을 볼수있고 때때로 매니저가 직접 이 역할을 담당하는 것도 볼수있습니다. 고객의 필요에 신속하게 반응하는것은 바로 주인의 센스라고 할수 있습니다.

해설
veggie (n)(adj)                common abbreviation for "vegetable"
handy (adj)        close at hand; nearby; conveniently placed; within walking distance
bread-winner (n)        main earner in the household; person who earns the money
inevitable (adj)        what cannot be avoided; certain to happen
dent (n)        hollow dip made in some surface after an impact
car body (n)        the visible part of a car; panels on the sides of cars
hassle (v)        bother; pester; annoy; cause inconvenience to someone
jostle (v)        bump; knock; push; contact others while in a crowd
aisle (n)        walk-way between shelves of goods or rows of seats
sensitivity (n)        understanding; awareness of others' needs

번역/해설 HANNAH HAN  (korean@stgeorge.ac.nz)

Part-time job (아르바이트)

댓글 0 | 조회 2,610 | 2008.01.16
Max: I’m so broke at the moment – now that summer’s coming I could really use some e… 더보기

Studylink – Student Allowance

댓글 0 | 조회 2,934 | 2007.12.19
Amanda: Kia ora, welcome to Studylink, you’re speaking with Amanda. 안녕하세요. 스터디 링크의 아만다입니다.… 더보기

뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램

댓글 0 | 조회 2,634 | 2007.09.17
TV Programmes(뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램) Sally: Hey did you watch “America’s next top model” last night… 더보기

Wedding 결혼 - St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 1,922 | 2007.07.30
Wedding 결혼 Katy: Oh man it’s only two weeks till you get married. Are you excited? 와 이제 너 … 더보기

Internet 인터넷- by St George Institute of Learn…

댓글 0 | 조회 1,947 | 2007.07.02
Is your computer on the fritz? 컴퓨터가 잘 안되니? W: this computer is driving me nuts! 이 컴퓨터 .… 더보기

Driving - by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,138 | 2007.03.02
Driving – Learning to drive, and NZ licences운전 배우기 Sandy: I have been taking driving… 더보기

Screwed up - by St George Institute of Learni…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,074 | 2007.02.01
Tanya: I met the broker yesterday. Joyce: Did you? How did it go? Tanya: We didn’t get it.… 더보기

Holiday - by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,020 | 2007.01.10
That’s my dream vacation! 그게 바로 내가 원하던 휴가야! M: Well, summer is in full swing. Do you have … 더보기

Christmas -by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,111 | 2006.12.08
Christmas 크리스마스 M: Have you seen the Santa statue on the Whitcoulls building? It’s out ear… 더보기

Climate and Weather 오클랜드 날씨-St George Institu…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,619 | 2006.10.27
Climate and Weather Jack: I hate spring in Auckland.The weather is so unpredictable. 나는 오클… 더보기

Personality 성격 -by St George Institute of Lea…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,099 | 2006.09.12
Personality Joyce: What’s the deal with Jim? Why is he so moody all the time? 짐한테 무슨 일 있어?… 더보기

현재 Veggie shop 야채가게 풍경 -by St George Institute o…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,076 | 2006.09.07
Veggie Shop 야채가게 This is a quick introduction to what an Auckland fruit and veggie shop is… 더보기

Arguing 말다툼 -by St George Institute of Learni…

댓글 0 | 조회 1,948 | 2006.08.15
A: It seems that you are in a bad mood. Has something happened? B: I crashed into another … 더보기

Over the top (과도한)-by St George Institute of …

댓글 0 | 조회 1,918 | 2006.07.17
Garth: We’re very careful with our money now, as we have quite a few debts to repay. Kim: … 더보기

Losing a job (실직)- by St George Institute of …

댓글 0 | 조회 1,776 | 2006.07.04
Losing a job! Jimmy:I was let go last week. Theresa: What? Why did they lay you off? You w… 더보기

Test 시험 - by St George Institute of Learning

댓글 0 | 조회 2,076 | 2006.06.21
James: How did you do in your final? Soraya:I aced the test! James: Wow, you’re an Einstei… 더보기