휴람
송영림
월드비전
독자기고
이신

St Georged의 생활영어 - ACC

0 개 3,929 박정실
ACC

Will fell of his bike and sprained his ankle. He is at the doctor having the injury checked out, and the doctor wants him to go and have an X-ray, which will be covered by ACC.
Will은 자전거에서 떨어져서 발목을 접질렸습니다. 그래서 다친 부분을 병원에서 진찰받았고, 의사선생님은 ACC의 혜택을 받을 수 있는 X-ray촬영을 권유했습니다.

Receptionist: Please fill in this form, and Doctor Scott will be with you shortly.
Receptionist: 이 신청서를 작성해 주세요. Scott의사 선생님께서 곧 오실 것입니다.

Dr. Scott: Good afternoon, what seems to be the problem?
Dr. Scott: 안녕하세요, 어떻게 오셨습니까?

Will: I’ve hurt my ankle quite badly, and it’s very swollen.
Will: 제가 발목을 다쳤는데요, 많이 부었습니다.

Dr. Scott: Roll up your trouser-leg and I’ll take a look. Oh that looks nasty, how did it happen?
Dr. Scott: 바지를 걷어 올려주시면 제가 한번 보겠습니다. 오, 심하군요. 어떻게 된 건가요?

Will: I skidded on the curb and fell off my bike.
Will: 커브 길에서 갑자기 미끄러져서 자전거에서 떨어졌습니다.

Dr. Scott: Are you able to put any weight on it?
Dr. Scott: 발목에 힘을 줄 수 있겠어요?

Will: I can only put a tiny bit of weight on it, so I have to hobble.
Will: 약간 힘만 줄 수 있어요, 그래서 절뚝거리며 걸어야해요.

Dr. Scott: It looks like a bad sprain to me, but I’d like you to get an X-ray just in case it’s broken. I don’t think it is, but it’s important to rule it out. Here is the address of the radiographer.
Dr. Scott: 제가 보기엔 심하게 접질린 것 같습니다. 혹시 부러졌을 수도 있으니 X-ray촬영을 했으면 합니다.부러졌을 거라 생각은 하지 않지만 확실히 해 두는것이 좋습니다. 여기 X-ray촬영기사의 주소가 있습니다.

Will: Will that be expensive?
Will: 그거하는데 비싼가요?

Dr. Scott: Well since it was an accident it will be covered by ACC, so it’s much cheaper.
Dr. Scott: 음,사고난 이후로는 ACC의 혜택을 받을수 있어서 무척 저렴합니다.

Will: But I’m a student. Am I covered by ACC?
Will: 하지만 저는 학생인데 ACC의 혜택을 받을수 있나요?

Dr. Scott: Yes. You will need to take it easy for a while, while you rest your leg. You should take the next few days off school.
Dr. Scott: 네, 혜택을 받을 수 있습니다.발목이 회복되는 동안은 휴식이 필요할 것입니다. 며칠동안은 학교를 쉬셔야 합니다.

Will: But if I take the week off, my attendance will be bad!
Will: 하지만 제가 일주일동안 결석을 한다면 제 출석률이 안 좋아질텐데요..

Dr. Scott: That’s OK Will, I’ll write you a medical certificate. When ACC have assessed you case, they will get back to you directly. Now, don’t forget to take it easy, and no more sports either!
Dr. Scott: 괜찮아요, 제가 진단서를 써 드리겠습니다. ACC가 당신의 경우를 평가하면,곧바로 연락을 할 것입니다. 현재는 쉬어야 한다는것을 잊지 마시고,어떤 스포츠도 하시면 안됩니다.

Glossary:

Shortly – soon 곧
Swollen – enlarged 붓다
Nasty – bad, painful 심하다,고통스러운
Skidded – to suddenly slide (usually for a vehicle) 갑자기 미끄러지다
Curb – the raised edge of the road or pavement (sidewalk) 커브길
Hobble – limp, walk slowly and awkwardly because it’s difficult or painful 절뚝거리다
Sprain – stretched / twisted (usually your wrist or ankle) 접질리다
Rule it out – exclude it, make sure it’s not the case 확실히 해 두다
Radiographer – X-ray technician. The person who takes the x-ray
방사선(X-ray) 촬영기사
Covered by – included in, paid for by 혜택이 있는
ACC – Government accident insurance (Accident Compensation Corporation)
정부에서 지원해주는 사고보험
Take it easy – relax 쉬다
Get back to you – reply, contact you with the result 연락하다

여러분이 원하시는 대화문 주제를 korean@stgeorge.ac.nz로 보내주시면 다음 대화문에
여러분의 의견을 수렴해 드리겠습니다. 또한 koreapost 컬럼리스트에 St George의 생활영어나 St George 웹페이지 www.stgeorge.ac.nz 의 onlie English로 오시면 더욱 다양한
대화문을 공부하실수 있습니다.

ⓒ 뉴질랜드 코리아포스트(http://www.koreapost.co.nz), 무단전재 및 재배포 금지

Baking a cake following a recipe

댓글 0 | 조회 2,405 | 2011.11.16
Mai: Which recipe shall we use? All of them look mouth-watering; I can’t make up my … 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Rugby World Cup Dialogue – o…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,612 | 2011.09.20
Joan: Hey Max, are you coming to the World Cup opening party tonight?Joan: 하이 맥스, 너 오늘밤 월드… 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Driving to the ski field

댓글 0 | 조회 2,563 | 2011.08.17
Driving to the ski fieldIvy: Look out the window, there has been a fresh snowfall overnigh… 더보기
Now

현재 St Georged의 생활영어 - ACC

댓글 0 | 조회 3,930 | 2010.08.23
ACC Will fell of his bike and sprained his ankle. He is at the doctor having the injury ch… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Winter

댓글 1 | 조회 3,111 | 2010.07.29
WinterA: Gosh, it’s freezing.A: 아이고,너무 춥다.B: Yes, I just want to snuggle up with a hottie … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Queen's Birthday

댓글 0 | 조회 3,802 | 2010.05.28
Queen's Birthday WeekendRose: I heard through the grapevine that there are no classes on M… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Lost property on the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,364 | 2010.05.19
Lost property on the bus 버스에서의 분실물Automated voice:To help you find your lost property, we … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Reporting stolen property

댓글 0 | 조회 3,655 | 2010.02.18
Reporting stolen property도난된 물건 신고하기Rex – Hello, Downtown Police Station. You are speaking… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Changing Internet Service P…

댓글 0 | 조회 3,356 | 2009.12.01
Changing Internet Service Providers 인터넷 서비스업체 바꾸기Automated voice: Welcome to Quicknet. For… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Catching the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,996 | 2009.11.13
Catching the busYuri : Hi, I would like to go to Mt Albert please. Is this the right to ca… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clearing customs

댓글 0 | 조회 3,833 | 2009.10.14
Clearing customs 세관 통과[At Passport Control] 출입국 수속Immigration Officer –Good morning. Can I… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Calling IRD

댓글 0 | 조회 3,937 | 2009.08.20
Calling IRD - IRD전화걸기---Thank you for calling Inland Revenue. Please for faster and more s… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Working for Families

댓글 0 | 조회 3,273 | 2009.06.11
Working for FamiliesJana: Everything’s getting so expensive…I filled up the car this morni… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Job

댓글 0 | 조회 3,496 | 2009.04.24
New JobRuth: Hi Ben! (Grinning from ear to ear)안녕 벤! (활짝 웃는다)Ben: Hi Ruth. You look like y… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Year Resolutions

댓글 0 | 조회 3,145 | 2009.01.27
New Year Resolutions 새해 결심Julie: Man I have managed to really pack on the pounds this sill… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Christmas

댓글 0 | 조회 3,176 | 2008.12.16
ChristmasSara: Wow…look at all your shopping bags! Are you doing your Christmas shopping a… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - NZ hot spots

댓글 0 | 조회 3,381 | 2008.11.17
NZ hot spotsBen: I’ve got a week off work next week – I really want to get out of the big … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Voting

댓글 0 | 조회 3,090 | 2008.10.22
Voting 선거Glen: Wow, the election’s next month! Have you enrolled to vote yet? 와, 다음달에 선거가 … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clothes and fashion

댓글 0 | 조회 3,404 | 2008.09.15
Clothes 옷 Jenny: Man, I really need to get some new clothes for summer eh. 제니: 나 정말 여름옷을 좀… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - A favour

댓글 0 | 조회 3,603 | 2008.08.21
Frances: Hello, Frances speaking. 안녕하세요, 프렌시스 입니다.Anna: Hey Frances, how’s it going? It’s … 더보기

Going on a Diet

댓글 0 | 조회 2,748 | 2008.07.02
Dave: Man, I feel like I’m getting a bit pudgy around the old gut. 세상에. 나 뱃살이 장난아니야. Julie… 더보기

ID

댓글 0 | 조회 3,182 | 2008.07.02
Miki:What are you up to tonight, Eva? 오늘 밤에 뭐 할거야 , 에바? Eva:Some of my friends are going o… 더보기

Anzac Day

댓글 0 | 조회 3,457 | 2008.04.09
Anzac Day 앤잭 기념일 Leon:Hey there Jared.What’s with the flower?I’ve seen heaps of people wal… 더보기

Sick

댓글 0 | 조회 2,728 | 2008.03.13
Sick Cindy:I’m sick as a dog.I think I need to go to hospital! 나 몸이 너무 안좋아.아무래도 병원에 가봐야 할것… 더보기

Road trip

댓글 0 | 조회 2,449 | 2008.02.27
Becky:We’re going on a road trip next week…I’m so excited! 우리 다음주에 여행갈거야..너무 흥분돼! Rachel: … 더보기