휴람
송영림
월드비전
독자기고
이신

St George의 생활영어 - NZ hot spots

0 개 3,393 박정실

NZ hot spots

Ben: I’ve got a week off work next week – I really want to get out of the big smoke. But I don’t know where to go…I’ve only lived in New Zealand for a few months and I’ve only been to Auckland and the Coromandel. Where do you reckon I should go?
벤:나 다음주 일주일 동안 휴가야.난 정말로 큰 도시를 벗어나고싶은데..어디로 갈지 모르겠어.난 몇 달동안 뉴질랜드 살면서 오클랜드하고 코로만델밖에 안 가봤어.내가 어디로 가면 좋을까?

Sonia: Well it depends…are you on a tight budget, what sort of thing do you want to see…how will you be travelling? There are so many great places to visit, it just depends what you’re into.
소니아 :글쎄..그거야 여행예산 및 네가 보고싶은곳이나 여행기간에 따라 따라 다르겠지. 좋은 곳은 굉장히 많아. 네가 뭐에 관심이 있는지에 달렸지.

Ben: I’d love to see the South Island…but I’ve only got a week off. I’ve got a bit of money saved, so that’s not such an issue – and I’ve got a car. I really like going to galleries and museums, but I’d like to do something outdoorsy too.
벤:난 남섬이 너무 보고싶어..그런데 딱 일주일 휴가야. 돈도 좀 모아놨으니 문제는 안 될거야. 게다가 차도 있고. 난 갤러리아랑 박물관에 가보고싶은데 야외에서도 즐기고 싶어.

Sonia: The South Island is beautiful, but you need quite a lot of time to see all of it. If you’ve only got a week, maybe you could just go to one part of it. The Nelson region is awesome– you could spend a bit of time in Nelson itself and go to the local galleries, then head further west and go to the Abel Tasman National Park. If you wanted to take your car down you’d need to take it on the Interislander - that’s about $120 each way.
소니아:남섬..아름답지.근데 거기 다 보려면 시간이 꽤 필요할텐데. 딱 일주일밖에 시간이 없다면 한군데 정도 갈 수 있을거야. 넬슨지역이 굉장히 멋져. 넬슨에서 시간보내면서 갤러리도 가보고, 또 거기서 서쪽으로 가면 Abel Tasman National Park도 갈 수 있어. 만약에 네가 차를 가지고 가고 싶다면 편도에 $120인 Ferry를 타야할거야.

Ben: I’ve heard that Nelson’s pretty choice; that could be good. Any other recommendations?
벤:나도 넬슨이 좋다고 들었어. 참 좋겠다. 또 다른곳도 추천 해 줄래?

Sonia: Christchurch and Dunedin both have great art galleries, Dunedin has beautiful historic buildings, the whole west coast has amazing scenery and is very rugged, Mt Cook is beautiful but the kea will try to steal things off your car…
소니아:크라이쳐치와 더니든에 굉장한 아트갤러리가 있어.더니든에는 역사적으로 유명한 아름다운 건물들도 있고 서해는 멋진광경과 거센 파도를 가지고 있어.마운트 쿡은 아름답지만 kea가 네 차를 털어 보려고 할거야..

Ben: What’s a kea?
벤:kea가 뭐야?

Sonia: It’s a cheeky kind of bird that lives in the mountains.
소니아:산에 사는 볼이 축 쳐진 새 종류중 하나야.

Ben: I’ll watch out for them if I go to Mt Cook then! Wow, you’ve given me heaps of places to go in the South Island, where should I go if I stay in the North Island?
벤:마운트 쿡에가면 그 새들 조심할께.와우 네가 진짜 많은곳을 알려줬어. 만약에 내가 북섬여행을 하면 어디를 가야할까?

Sonia: Well you have to go to Northland at some stage. It takes about 5 hours to get from Auckland to Cape Reinga, the very top of New Zealand. On the way you should go to the Hokianga harbour, Russell, the Bay of Islands and Kerikeri. Northland is a bit warmer than Auckland and there are Kauri forests and orange orchards up there. Or heading in the other direction, lots of people like to go to Rotorua – it’s quite touristy but has amazing thermal mud pools…
소니아:음. 몇군데 꼭 가봐야 할 곳이있어.오클랜드에서 뉴질랜드 맨 위에있는 Cape Reinga까지는 5시간이 걸려.가는길에Hokianga harbour, Russell, the Bay of Islands 와Kerikeri를 꼭 들러봐. 북섬은 오클랜드보다 좀 따뜻하고 Kauri숲과 오랜지 과수원이 있어. 아니면 다른 방향인 로토루아로 가는거야 .많은 사람들이 그곳에 가는걸 좋아해. 좀 관광객으로 붐비기는 하지만 굉장한 온천 머드 풀이 있어.

Ben: Where’s a good place to go to galleries and museums in the North Island?
벤:북섬에서 갤러리나 박물관가기 좋은 곳은 어디야?

Sonia: I reckon you can’t beat Wellington for museums – they’ve got Te Papa, the national museum. They’ve got a pretty good art gallery too. Wellington city is very compact, not like Auckland. You can walk across town in about half an hour. You could stop off there if you take your car to the South Island.
소니아:내 생각엔 박물관에 가려면 웰링턴만한 곳이 없는것 같아.그곳엔 국립 박물관인 Te Papa박물관이 있어.괜찮은 아트 갤러리도 있고.웰링턴 시티는 오클랜드와는 다르게 아주 작아. 걸어서 30분이면 다 볼수 있어. 만약 남섬으로 차를 가지고 간다면 그곳에 잠깐 들러볼 수 있겠다.

Ben: Thanks so much, you’ve given me heaps of ideas! Now I can’t wait for my week off!
벤: 많은 아이디어 제공해 줘서 너무 고마워. 휴가가 정말 기다려진다!

Sonia: No worries; well I’d better head for the hills. Have fun on the mainland!
소니아:고맙긴,난 집에 가야겠다. 남섬에서 재밌게 놀다 와.

Glossary

the big smoke – the big city 대도시

reckon – think 생각하다,고려하다

what you’re into – what you like doing/what you’re interested in. 하고싶은 것,관심있는 것

awesome – fantastic/wonderful/great 멋진,굉장한

the Interislander – the ferry that runs between the North and South islands. It goes between Wellington in the north and Picton in the south.
북섬과 남섬 사이를 운행하는 배.웰링턴에서 픽톤까지 운행한다.

Choice – if you describe something as “choice” it means it’s good. 좋다

Rugged – if a place is rugged it means it has harsh conditions, like stormy weather.
폭풍우 날씨처럼 거세고 거친 상태를 일컫는다

heaps of – a lots of 많은

can’t beat – can’t go past/can’t do better than 더할 나위없이 좋다.

head for the hills – head home/go home 집으로가다

the mainland – sometimes people who live in the South Island call the South Island the mainland, jokingly implying that the North Island is just a little island off the main part of the country. 남섬

20081117075346_7395.jpg

여러분이 원하시는 대화문 주제를 korean@stgeorge.ac.nz로 보내주시면 다음 대화문에
여러분의 의견을 수렴해 드리겠습니다. 또한 korea times 컬럼리스트에 NZ English나
St George 웹페이지 www.stgeorge.ac.nz 의 onlie English로 오시면 더욱 다양한
대화문을 공부하실수 있습니다.

Baking a cake following a recipe

댓글 0 | 조회 2,415 | 2011.11.16
Mai: Which recipe shall we use? All of them look mouth-watering; I can’t make up my … 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Rugby World Cup Dialogue – o…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,627 | 2011.09.20
Joan: Hey Max, are you coming to the World Cup opening party tonight?Joan: 하이 맥스, 너 오늘밤 월드… 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Driving to the ski field

댓글 0 | 조회 2,579 | 2011.08.17
Driving to the ski fieldIvy: Look out the window, there has been a fresh snowfall overnigh… 더보기

St Georged의 생활영어 - ACC

댓글 0 | 조회 3,937 | 2010.08.23
ACC Will fell of his bike and sprained his ankle. He is at the doctor having the injury ch… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Winter

댓글 1 | 조회 3,128 | 2010.07.29
WinterA: Gosh, it’s freezing.A: 아이고,너무 춥다.B: Yes, I just want to snuggle up with a hottie … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Queen's Birthday

댓글 0 | 조회 3,818 | 2010.05.28
Queen's Birthday WeekendRose: I heard through the grapevine that there are no classes on M… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Lost property on the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,373 | 2010.05.19
Lost property on the bus 버스에서의 분실물Automated voice:To help you find your lost property, we … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Reporting stolen property

댓글 0 | 조회 3,669 | 2010.02.18
Reporting stolen property도난된 물건 신고하기Rex – Hello, Downtown Police Station. You are speaking… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Changing Internet Service P…

댓글 0 | 조회 3,371 | 2009.12.01
Changing Internet Service Providers 인터넷 서비스업체 바꾸기Automated voice: Welcome to Quicknet. For… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Catching the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 4,006 | 2009.11.13
Catching the busYuri : Hi, I would like to go to Mt Albert please. Is this the right to ca… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clearing customs

댓글 0 | 조회 3,848 | 2009.10.14
Clearing customs 세관 통과[At Passport Control] 출입국 수속Immigration Officer –Good morning. Can I… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Calling IRD

댓글 0 | 조회 3,945 | 2009.08.20
Calling IRD - IRD전화걸기---Thank you for calling Inland Revenue. Please for faster and more s… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Working for Families

댓글 0 | 조회 3,286 | 2009.06.11
Working for FamiliesJana: Everything’s getting so expensive…I filled up the car this morni… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Job

댓글 0 | 조회 3,509 | 2009.04.24
New JobRuth: Hi Ben! (Grinning from ear to ear)안녕 벤! (활짝 웃는다)Ben: Hi Ruth. You look like y… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Year Resolutions

댓글 0 | 조회 3,156 | 2009.01.27
New Year Resolutions 새해 결심Julie: Man I have managed to really pack on the pounds this sill… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Christmas

댓글 0 | 조회 3,187 | 2008.12.16
ChristmasSara: Wow…look at all your shopping bags! Are you doing your Christmas shopping a… 더보기
Now

현재 St George의 생활영어 - NZ hot spots

댓글 0 | 조회 3,394 | 2008.11.17
NZ hot spotsBen: I’ve got a week off work next week – I really want to get out of the big … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Voting

댓글 0 | 조회 3,108 | 2008.10.22
Voting 선거Glen: Wow, the election’s next month! Have you enrolled to vote yet? 와, 다음달에 선거가 … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clothes and fashion

댓글 0 | 조회 3,419 | 2008.09.15
Clothes 옷 Jenny: Man, I really need to get some new clothes for summer eh. 제니: 나 정말 여름옷을 좀… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - A favour

댓글 0 | 조회 3,616 | 2008.08.21
Frances: Hello, Frances speaking. 안녕하세요, 프렌시스 입니다.Anna: Hey Frances, how’s it going? It’s … 더보기

Going on a Diet

댓글 0 | 조회 2,764 | 2008.07.02
Dave: Man, I feel like I’m getting a bit pudgy around the old gut. 세상에. 나 뱃살이 장난아니야. Julie… 더보기

ID

댓글 0 | 조회 3,194 | 2008.07.02
Miki:What are you up to tonight, Eva? 오늘 밤에 뭐 할거야 , 에바? Eva:Some of my friends are going o… 더보기

Anzac Day

댓글 0 | 조회 3,466 | 2008.04.09
Anzac Day 앤잭 기념일 Leon:Hey there Jared.What’s with the flower?I’ve seen heaps of people wal… 더보기

Sick

댓글 0 | 조회 2,747 | 2008.03.13
Sick Cindy:I’m sick as a dog.I think I need to go to hospital! 나 몸이 너무 안좋아.아무래도 병원에 가봐야 할것… 더보기

Road trip

댓글 0 | 조회 2,464 | 2008.02.27
Becky:We’re going on a road trip next week…I’m so excited! 우리 다음주에 여행갈거야..너무 흥분돼! Rachel: … 더보기