송영림
월드비전
독자기고
이신

St George의 생활영어 - A favour

0 개 3,615 박정실
Frances: Hello, Frances speaking.
안녕하세요, 프렌시스 입니다.

Anna: Hey Frances, how’s it going? It’s Anna here.
안녕 프렌시스, 잘 지냈어? 나 애나야.

Frances: Oh, hey Anna. I haven’t heard from you for ages! What’s new?
아! 애나야, 정말 오랫만이다. 별일 없고?

Anna: Jim and I finally broke up. Good riddance I say!
나 짐하고 깨졌어. 속이 다 시원해!

Frances: Really? Well I’m sorry to hear that…but can I tell you now I never liked him? I always thought you were too good for him. What happened?
정말? 이거 유감인데. 지금 보니 걜 좋아하지 않았던거 같다. 난 항상 니가 걔에 비해 훨씬 낫다고 생각했어. 어떻게 깨진거야?

Anna: He cheated on me…and I don’t think it was the first time.
걔가 바람을 폈지 모야. 보니까 그게 처음이 아이었던것 같아.

Frances: What an idiot; you’re better off without him. Why don’t we do something this weekend…have a girls’ night out.
이런! 혼자 지내는게 훨씬 낫겠다. 이번주에 우리 뭔가 하는거 어떄? 여자들만에 파티?

Anna: Sounds great. Frances, would you be able to do me a huge favour?
좋아! 플렌시스 좀 큰 부탁 하나 해도 될까?

Frances: Um, sure.
음. 그럼.

Anna: Well, when I stormed out of Jim’s house I left my cellphone there. I don’t really want to go and pick it up – I’m so angry at him. And I kind of made a scene when I left so I don’t think I’m welcome back there.
내가 짐 집에서 화내고 정신없이 나오느라 내 핸드폰을 거기에 놓고 나왔어. 내가 직접 가서 가져오고 싶지는 않고..걔한테 너무 화가나서. 게다 하도 난리를 치고 나와서 별로 그집에서 나를 반길거 같지 않아.

Fances: Oh no, what did you do?
어머.. 어떻게 했길래.

Anna: I smashed a goldfish bowl all over the front steps of his house. Don’t worry, it didn’t have any goldfish in it…but do you think you could go and get my phone back from his house?
현관쪽에 어항을 깨뜨려서.. 그 안에 금붕어는 없었으니 걱정은말고. 어떻게..가서 가져올수 있겠니?

Frances: Sure, what are friends for? Where does he live these days?
그럼. 친구 좋은게 뭐니? 걔가 어디 사는데?

Anna: He lives in Mt Albert – on Mt Royal Ave. Do you remember that party we went to where everyone was wearing masks? He lives in that house.
지금Mt Albert 에 있는 Mt Royal Ave에 살아. 왜 그때 가면쓰고간 파티 기억나? 그떄 간 그집에 살아.

Frances: Oh ok, the one that’s painted bright red; I remember that house. I’ll go round tomorrow after work. Hey I need to get going, but good to talk to you, and I’ll give you a call about this weekend.
아.. 알어. 밝은 빨강색으로 칠해진 집 말이지? 내일 퇴근하고 갈께. 음.. 이제 나 가봐야겠다. 너랑 얘기 나눠서 좋았어. 이번주쯤에 내가 전화할께.

Anna: Thanks so much for your help. I owe you one! See you later.
도와줘서 고마워. 내가 신세좀 지네. 나중에 보자.

Frances: See you.
그래 잘가.

Glossary

Broke up – ended a relationship/split up 헤어지다.

Cheated – if you cheat on someone you are unfaithful to them. 바람피다.

girls’ night out – A social occasion with only girls/women. No boys allowed! 여자들만의 파티.

Stormed – Walked angrily. You usually storm out of somewhere – eg. “I was so angry at my friend that I stormed out of her house.” 화나서 나가다.

made a scene – made a fuss 법석떨다.

I owe you one – This is what you say when someone is doing you a favour – now you have to do them a favour in return. “I owe you one” means that you know you have to do them a favour too.
신세 지다.

*칼럼란에서 더 많은 St George의 영어컬럼을 찾아 볼 수 있습니다.
게시물이 없습니다.