송영림
월드비전
독자기고
이신

ID

0 개 3,192 stgeorge
Miki:  What are you up to tonight, Eva?  
오늘 밤에 뭐 할거야 , 에바?

Eva:  Some of my friends are going out for a couple of drinks…and I want to go too, but I don’t have any ID.  
내 친구중 몇명과  차를 마시러 가는데 나도 가려고 해. 그런데 신분증이 없어서.

Miki:  Oh no.  I always get asked for ID when I go to the pub – I think I look young because I’m so short.  They have to ask you if you look under 25…and I’m 27!  I have a friend who always has a beard or stubble, and he never gets IDed, even though he’s only 23.  Where are your friends going?  
이런. 난 항상 술집에 갈때마다 신분증을 제시하라고 하던데. 키가 작아서 그런지 내가 어려보이나봐.  25미만으로 보이면 항상 물어봐. 난 27살인데. 내 친구중에 항상 수염을 기르는 애가 있는데 23인데도 한번도 신분증을 제시하라고 한적이 없데. 네 친구들은 어느 팝을 가는데?

Eva:  They’re going up to the Leigh Sawmill.  It’s way out of Auckland – just north of Warkworth.  One of my friends lives nearby; it’s really nice up there.  It’s such a shame that I don’t have my licence to use as ID.  
걔네는Leigh Sawmill를 가. 오클랜드를 벗어나는데. Warkworth의 북쪽이야.
친구중 한명이 거기 가까이 살아. 그쪽이 괜찮거든. 신분증으로 사용할수 없는 면허증이 없다니 유감이다.

Miki:  Hang on, Eva, you must have a passport.  I mean, you came here from China, you must have brought your passport.
잠깐, 에바, 여권있니? 내 말은 너 중국에서 왔으니까 여권이 있을거 아니야.

Eva:  Yeah…why?
응. 왜?

Miki:  Well, you can use your passport as ID.  The things that you can use as ID are a driver’s licence, a New Zealand or overseas passport, or an 18+ card.  
뉴질랜드에서는 여권을 신분증으로 사용할수 있어.  신분증으로 사용할수 있는건 운전면허증, 뉴질랜드나 외국 여권, 또는 18+ Card.

Eva:  Really?  That’s awesome.  I didn’t know that.  What’s an 18+ card?
정말? 잘됐다. 몰랐었네. 18+카드가 뭐야?

Miki:  It’s a card that you can apply for at the post office, to show that you’re over 18.  Hey that’s probably a good thing for you to get, Eva.  Then you don’t have to take your passport with you all the time.  It’d be a bummer if you lost that.  
이 카드는 우체국에서 신청할수 있는 카드인데 네가 18살이 넘었다는걸 증명해줘.
아마도 네가  가지고 있으면  참 좋을것 같아. 그럼 매번 여권을 들고 다니지 않아도 되잖아. 여권 잃어버리면 큰일이잖아.

Eva:  Sure would.  Thanks for that Miki…I’d better go and get ready to go to the Leigh Sawmill!  
맞아. 고마워 미키. 빨리가서Leigh Sawmill갈 준비를 해야겠다.

Glossary

ID – Identification.  Proof of who you are.  In New Zealand, you have to be 18 or over to buy alcohol, so you will often be asked to show ID to prove that you are old enough.  
신분증

Stubble – Short facial hair.  Facial hair that is not really long enough to be called a beard or moustache, more like when someone hasn’t shaved for a couple of days.  
수염

IDed –  To be asked to show identification.  Eg.  “I was IDed when I went to the pub last night.”
신분증 제시를 요구받다. 예) 나 어제 밤에 술집에 들어가는데 신분증을 제시하라고 요구받았어.

Awesome – Fantastic, wonderful, great.  
좋은, 멋있는

A bummer – This is a very informal way of saying “a shame” or “a pity”.  You might say it to your friends but you wouldn’t say it to your boss or your grandparents.  
유감스러운 감정을 표현할때쓰는 격식없는 표현. 친구들에게는 쓸수있지만 회사에 상사나 할머니 할아버지에게 쓰기에는 적합지 않다.

St George의 생활영어 - Catching the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 4,004 | 2009.11.13
Catching the busYuri : Hi, I would like to go to Mt Albert please. Is this the right to ca… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Calling IRD

댓글 0 | 조회 3,944 | 2009.08.20
Calling IRD - IRD전화걸기---Thank you for calling Inland Revenue. Please for faster and more s… 더보기

St Georged의 생활영어 - ACC

댓글 0 | 조회 3,937 | 2010.08.23
ACC Will fell of his bike and sprained his ankle. He is at the doctor having the injury ch… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clearing customs

댓글 0 | 조회 3,846 | 2009.10.14
Clearing customs 세관 통과[At Passport Control] 출입국 수속Immigration Officer –Good morning. Can I… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Queen's Birthday

댓글 0 | 조회 3,815 | 2010.05.28
Queen's Birthday WeekendRose: I heard through the grapevine that there are no classes on M… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Reporting stolen property

댓글 0 | 조회 3,667 | 2010.02.18
Reporting stolen property도난된 물건 신고하기Rex – Hello, Downtown Police Station. You are speaking… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - A favour

댓글 0 | 조회 3,613 | 2008.08.21
Frances: Hello, Frances speaking. 안녕하세요, 프렌시스 입니다.Anna: Hey Frances, how’s it going? It’s … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Job

댓글 0 | 조회 3,508 | 2009.04.24
New JobRuth: Hi Ben! (Grinning from ear to ear)안녕 벤! (활짝 웃는다)Ben: Hi Ruth. You look like y… 더보기

Anzac Day

댓글 0 | 조회 3,463 | 2008.04.09
Anzac Day 앤잭 기념일 Leon:Hey there Jared.What’s with the flower?I’ve seen heaps of people wal… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clothes and fashion

댓글 0 | 조회 3,416 | 2008.09.15
Clothes 옷 Jenny: Man, I really need to get some new clothes for summer eh. 제니: 나 정말 여름옷을 좀… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - NZ hot spots

댓글 0 | 조회 3,393 | 2008.11.17
NZ hot spotsBen: I’ve got a week off work next week – I really want to get out of the big … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Lost property on the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,371 | 2010.05.19
Lost property on the bus 버스에서의 분실물Automated voice:To help you find your lost property, we … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Changing Internet Service P…

댓글 0 | 조회 3,367 | 2009.12.01
Changing Internet Service Providers 인터넷 서비스업체 바꾸기Automated voice: Welcome to Quicknet. For… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Working for Families

댓글 0 | 조회 3,282 | 2009.06.11
Working for FamiliesJana: Everything’s getting so expensive…I filled up the car this morni… 더보기

현재 ID

댓글 0 | 조회 3,193 | 2008.07.02
Miki:What are you up to tonight, Eva? 오늘 밤에 뭐 할거야 , 에바? Eva:Some of my friends are going o… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Christmas

댓글 0 | 조회 3,186 | 2008.12.16
ChristmasSara: Wow…look at all your shopping bags! Are you doing your Christmas shopping a… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Year Resolutions

댓글 0 | 조회 3,154 | 2009.01.27
New Year Resolutions 새해 결심Julie: Man I have managed to really pack on the pounds this sill… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Winter

댓글 1 | 조회 3,124 | 2010.07.29
WinterA: Gosh, it’s freezing.A: 아이고,너무 춥다.B: Yes, I just want to snuggle up with a hottie … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Voting

댓글 0 | 조회 3,104 | 2008.10.22
Voting 선거Glen: Wow, the election’s next month! Have you enrolled to vote yet? 와, 다음달에 선거가 … 더보기

Studylink – Student Allowance

댓글 0 | 조회 2,935 | 2007.12.19
Amanda: Kia ora, welcome to Studylink, you’re speaking with Amanda. 안녕하세요. 스터디 링크의 아만다입니다.… 더보기

Going on a Diet

댓글 0 | 조회 2,762 | 2008.07.02
Dave: Man, I feel like I’m getting a bit pudgy around the old gut. 세상에. 나 뱃살이 장난아니야. Julie… 더보기

Sick

댓글 0 | 조회 2,745 | 2008.03.13
Sick Cindy:I’m sick as a dog.I think I need to go to hospital! 나 몸이 너무 안좋아.아무래도 병원에 가봐야 할것… 더보기

뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램

댓글 0 | 조회 2,634 | 2007.09.17
TV Programmes(뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램) Sally: Hey did you watch “America’s next top model” last night… 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Rugby World Cup Dialogue – o…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,626 | 2011.09.20
Joan: Hey Max, are you coming to the World Cup opening party tonight?Joan: 하이 맥스, 너 오늘밤 월드… 더보기

Climate and Weather 오클랜드 날씨-St George Institu…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,619 | 2006.10.27
Climate and Weather Jack: I hate spring in Auckland.The weather is so unpredictable. 나는 오클… 더보기