정상화
휴람
송영림
월드비전
독자기고
이신

Part-time job (아르바이트)

0 개 2,597 Hannah Han
Max: I’m so broke at the moment – now that summer’s coming I could really use some extra cash.  
요즘에 완전 빈털털이야. 여름이 다가오고 있어서 분명 돈을 많이 쓰게 될텐데.

Jasmine:  Why don’t you get a part-time job?
아르바이트를 구해보지 그래?

Max: I really want to; I don’t know if I’m allowed to work on a student visa though.  
그러고는 싶은데 학생비자로 내가 일을 할수 있는지 모르겠어.

Jasmine: You can work up to 20 hours a week on a student visa – I’m on one and I work about 15 hours a week at Starbucks.  
20시간은 일할수 있어, 나도 학생비자인데 스타벅스에서 주에 15시간일하는걸?

Max:  Oh really?  How did you get that job?  I’ve got a bit of hospitality experience, so maybe I could get a job like that.  
정말?  아르바이트 어떻게 구했어? 난 숙박업에서의 경험이 좀 있긴 한데 그쪽으로 구할수 있겠지?

Jasmine:  All my other jobs have been in cafes or restaurants, so I spent a couple of afternoons walking around town dropping my CV off at cafes and restaurants I thought I might like to work at.  Lots of food places advertise jobs with a sign in the window – I guess it’s cheaper than putting an ad in newspaper.  So I applied for lots of jobs that way.  But I actually got the Starbucks job by talking to a friend of mine who works there – she said they were really short-staffed and I said I was looking for a job.  So sometimes it pays to ask your friends too.  
나는 카페나 음식점에서 일한것밖에없어서 한 며칠동안은 오후에 씨티에 있는 일해보고 싶은 카페랑 음심점에 내 이력서를 내면서 돌아다녔어. 많은 음식점 창문에보면 구직광고가 있어. 신문에 내는것보다는 싸니까. 그래서 난 그런식으로 직업에 지원했던거야. 하지만 지금 스타벅스일은 사실 거기에서 일하고 있는 친구를 통해서 들어가게 됐어. 걔가 그러는데  거기 일손이 부족하다고 해서 내가 일을 구하고 있다고 했지.  그러니까 가끔 친구한테 물어봐도 일이 된다니까?

Max:  Does hospitality work pay very much here, if you don’t mind me asking?
이런거 물어봐도 될지 모르겠는데 숙박업에서 일하는게 월급을 더 받지 않니?

Jasmine:  It usually doesn’t pay much, but the minimum wage went up this year, to $11.25 an hour.  So you’ll earn at least that.  You are over 18, aren’t you?
여기선 그렇게 많이 주지 않아. 그래도 이번년도에 최저임금이 시간당 11.25불로 올랐잖아. 그러니까 적어도 그정도는 벌겠지. 너18살 넘었지. 그치?

Max: Do I look that young…I’m 20.  Why?
내가 그렇게 어려보여? 난 20살인데. 왜?

Jasmine: Because for workers who are 16 or 17, there is a youth minimum wage, which is $9 an hour.  
왜냐면 16, 17세의 직원에게는 또 걔네들만의 청소년 최저임금이 있는데 시간당 9불이야.

Max: Good thing I’m not 16 or 17 then.  So you took your CV around town, looked in windows and asked your friends…where else can you look for jobs?  
휴, 어리지 않아서 다행이네. 그래서 넌 시내에서 이력서 들고 다니면서 창문에 붙은 광고지 보고 친구한데 물어봤다고? 또 어디서 구할수 있을까?

Jasmine:  There are lots of useful websites, like www.seek.co.nz.  They can be good because if you make a profile of the kind of job you are looking for, they’ll email you details of jobs that fit your criteria.  You can also look in the newspaper, the Herald has a job section on its website – and the suburban newspapers can be good for finding work in your local area.  
Seek 같은 좋은 웹싸이트도 많아. 너가 원하는 직업을 기록해 놓으면 너한테 맞는 일의 세부사항을 네 이메일로 보내줘서 좋을거야.  신문을 봐도 좋고, 헤러드는 거기 웹싸이트에 구직란이 있어. 지역신문 또한 괜찮고.

Max:  You mean like the Central Leader?
센트럴 리더 같은거 말이지?

Jasmine:  Yeah, we get the Harbour News where I live, but yeah, that sort of thing.  Another way to find work, as long as you’ve got a valid work permit, is through Student Job Search.  There’s a Student Job Search office at Auckland University and one at AUT.  They can refer you to jobs that match your skills.  And a good thing about Student Job Search is that it often has one-off jobs, so if you just need a bit of cash for the weekend you can see if they have a one-off job for you – like waiting tables at a function, or cleaning someone’s house.  
응. 내가 사는곳은 하버 뉴스를 받아. 그런데 음… 일할수 있는 비자가 있는한  Student Job Search 에 알아봐도 될거야. 오클랜드 대학이나 AUT에 가면 오피스가 있어. 거기는 네 경력에 맞는 직업을 알선해주거든.  거기가 좋은건  가끔  일일 직업도  뜨거든. 뭐 주말같은때 현금이 필요하거나 하면  행사에서 써빙보는거나 집청소같은 일일 직업이 있나 알아볼수 있지.

Max: That could be good – not sure if I’d be good at cleaning someone’s house – my apartment is a pigsty!  Thanks for all your help Jasmine; come to think of it I noticed a “staff wanted” sign outside the café near my house, so I might go and have a chat to them.  
그런거 괜찮겠네. 내가 청소를 잘할지는 모르겠지만.  우리집도 돼지우리 인데. 도와줘서 고마워 자스민.
참! 생각해 보니까, 우리집 근처 카페에서 구직 광고를 하던데 가서 얘기좀 해봐야겠다.

Jasmine:  Good luck!  I’ll let you know if anything comes up at Starbucks.  
행운을 빌어! 스타벅스에서도 일자리가 나면 알려줄께.

****************************Glossary *************************
Broke 파산하다
short-staffed 일력이 부족한
it pays 대가를 치루다
one-off jobs 일일 직업
pigsty 돼지우리
come to think of it 생각해보니~

더많은 표현은 St George 웹사이트에서 공부하세요
www.stgeorge.ac.nz

Tel: 09-379-8957~9 / korean@stgeorge.ac.nz
영어캠퍼스: Level 6, 3-13 Shortland St, Auckland city
디플로마 켐퍼스: Level 8, 175 Queen St, Auckland city

St George의 생활영어 - Catching the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,996 | 2009.11.13
Catching the busYuri : Hi, I would like to go to Mt Albert please. Is this the right to ca… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Calling IRD

댓글 0 | 조회 3,937 | 2009.08.20
Calling IRD - IRD전화걸기---Thank you for calling Inland Revenue. Please for faster and more s… 더보기

St Georged의 생활영어 - ACC

댓글 0 | 조회 3,930 | 2010.08.23
ACC Will fell of his bike and sprained his ankle. He is at the doctor having the injury ch… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clearing customs

댓글 0 | 조회 3,833 | 2009.10.14
Clearing customs 세관 통과[At Passport Control] 출입국 수속Immigration Officer –Good morning. Can I… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Queen's Birthday

댓글 0 | 조회 3,802 | 2010.05.28
Queen's Birthday WeekendRose: I heard through the grapevine that there are no classes on M… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Reporting stolen property

댓글 0 | 조회 3,655 | 2010.02.18
Reporting stolen property도난된 물건 신고하기Rex – Hello, Downtown Police Station. You are speaking… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - A favour

댓글 0 | 조회 3,603 | 2008.08.21
Frances: Hello, Frances speaking. 안녕하세요, 프렌시스 입니다.Anna: Hey Frances, how’s it going? It’s … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Job

댓글 0 | 조회 3,496 | 2009.04.24
New JobRuth: Hi Ben! (Grinning from ear to ear)안녕 벤! (활짝 웃는다)Ben: Hi Ruth. You look like y… 더보기

Anzac Day

댓글 0 | 조회 3,457 | 2008.04.09
Anzac Day 앤잭 기념일 Leon:Hey there Jared.What’s with the flower?I’ve seen heaps of people wal… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Clothes and fashion

댓글 0 | 조회 3,404 | 2008.09.15
Clothes 옷 Jenny: Man, I really need to get some new clothes for summer eh. 제니: 나 정말 여름옷을 좀… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - NZ hot spots

댓글 0 | 조회 3,381 | 2008.11.17
NZ hot spotsBen: I’ve got a week off work next week – I really want to get out of the big … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Lost property on the bus

댓글 0 | 조회 3,364 | 2010.05.19
Lost property on the bus 버스에서의 분실물Automated voice:To help you find your lost property, we … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Changing Internet Service P…

댓글 0 | 조회 3,356 | 2009.12.01
Changing Internet Service Providers 인터넷 서비스업체 바꾸기Automated voice: Welcome to Quicknet. For… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Working for Families

댓글 0 | 조회 3,273 | 2009.06.11
Working for FamiliesJana: Everything’s getting so expensive…I filled up the car this morni… 더보기

ID

댓글 0 | 조회 3,182 | 2008.07.02
Miki:What are you up to tonight, Eva? 오늘 밤에 뭐 할거야 , 에바? Eva:Some of my friends are going o… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Christmas

댓글 0 | 조회 3,176 | 2008.12.16
ChristmasSara: Wow…look at all your shopping bags! Are you doing your Christmas shopping a… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - New Year Resolutions

댓글 0 | 조회 3,145 | 2009.01.27
New Year Resolutions 새해 결심Julie: Man I have managed to really pack on the pounds this sill… 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Winter

댓글 1 | 조회 3,111 | 2010.07.29
WinterA: Gosh, it’s freezing.A: 아이고,너무 춥다.B: Yes, I just want to snuggle up with a hottie … 더보기

St George의 생활영어 - Voting

댓글 0 | 조회 3,090 | 2008.10.22
Voting 선거Glen: Wow, the election’s next month! Have you enrolled to vote yet? 와, 다음달에 선거가 … 더보기

Studylink – Student Allowance

댓글 0 | 조회 2,927 | 2007.12.19
Amanda: Kia ora, welcome to Studylink, you’re speaking with Amanda. 안녕하세요. 스터디 링크의 아만다입니다.… 더보기

Going on a Diet

댓글 0 | 조회 2,748 | 2008.07.02
Dave: Man, I feel like I’m getting a bit pudgy around the old gut. 세상에. 나 뱃살이 장난아니야. Julie… 더보기

Sick

댓글 0 | 조회 2,728 | 2008.03.13
Sick Cindy:I’m sick as a dog.I think I need to go to hospital! 나 몸이 너무 안좋아.아무래도 병원에 가봐야 할것… 더보기

뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램

댓글 0 | 조회 2,630 | 2007.09.17
TV Programmes(뉴질랜드 TV 프로그램) Sally: Hey did you watch “America’s next top model” last night… 더보기

St George의 생활영어- Rugby World Cup Dialogue – o…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,612 | 2011.09.20
Joan: Hey Max, are you coming to the World Cup opening party tonight?Joan: 하이 맥스, 너 오늘밤 월드… 더보기

Climate and Weather 오클랜드 날씨-St George Institu…

댓글 0 | 조회 2,610 | 2006.10.27
Climate and Weather Jack: I hate spring in Auckland.The weather is so unpredictable. 나는 오클… 더보기